• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to SS with my new 86

chevyhurstolds84

Hello SS, My names Nick I'm new here to steel soldiers and plan on being part of this community, As well as sharing and learning all the information that's on here! Here's a picture of my new truck and Cheers!
0403111215_0001.jpg

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like you have a good start; and ready to do some serious landscaping with that bumper. Welcome to the madness!

chevyhurstolds84

haha thanks and yes that bumper will see many trees! and for my first question what is the most power you can suck out of these multifuel engines? i havent looked too far into it but it doesnt seem theres too much redily available for this big ol white engine.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the fun. Forget about extracting more power and sieze on it's real asset. It will run on almost anything cept pi$$ and vinegar. I fascinate myself on how long I can go between buying fuel. Running on waste motor oil most of the time. I went for a year without hitting a fuel station before.

Seth_O

Bienvenidos from CA. That's a heck of a bumper, was anyone else's first thought 'Holy Mad Max!'?

A

A/C Cages

Mad Max on the loose up there in NY with that bumper... I like it. lol

oddshot

Its a shame you couldn't find one with a GOOD STRONG BUMPER!

8)

Welcome aboard young fella ... good to have you here.

About that Mo' power you was asking about ... There is NO way that you could have known ... but you asked a question that gets asked a LOT around here.

Some folks around here don't like nubes asking the same questions over and over again. It makes some of them VERY cranky!

They just can't understand why you didn't pick all this up at the moment you became a two-celled being.

anyoldways, the best thing to do if you feel another question coming on is to follow a simple 4 step process before you ask that question. That will keep the Mary Kay Ladies (don't ask) calm.

1. READ THE MANUALS. TM's have a wealth of knowledge ... you can down load them for free at places like, but not limited to: JATONKAM35s HOME ON THE WEB

2. DO A SEARCH. Think of this place as a HUGE LIBRARY, which it is. Run a through search on this forum ... and the Deuce Hot rodding forum as well.

You will find TONS of threads about boosting power in a Deuce ... which by-the-way is probably best limited to just turning up the fuel.

But I'll let you do a search for that stuff.

3. Although its not exactly relative to information per se ... go back and read the RULES of this board. Folks here are REAL touchy about the rules.

4. How long has it been since your last confession? It would probably be a REAL good idea to get on over ... and get RIGHT first.

If, after following ALL of those 4 steps you do not have the answer to your question ... THEN and only then ... should you consider bringing your question here, before the all wise and all seeing.

Otherwise ... if you feel a nube question coming on ... you just go on and blurt it on out ... one of us other whiney nube's will be happy to try to help you out. 8)

oddshot

oddshot

BTW young fella, in your quest for “more power”, you might want to take a look at these two threads:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/67936-wth-deuce-making-much-power-5.html

AND

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce-modification-hot-rodding/56010-adjust-fdc-fly.html

If you get involved with doing anything like that …

1)Make sure your brakes are good first. Do some searches on the word “brakes”.
2)It ain’t like you can bolt a Holley Carb on these thing and fly down the road. You can’t.
3)Please heed the warning about the pyro.

Also before passing go and collecting $200 … down load the TM’s and read them. If this is your first Deuce … you got a LOT to learn.

What do you plan for that big green machine?

I couldn't help but notice the seeming lack of a bed.

oddshot

Last edited:

oddshot

I haven't looked too far into it but it doesn't seem there's too much readily available for this big ol white engine.

You got a white one? Most all the rest of us got green ones. :grin:

So what is it??? What year ... who built it?

Did it get rebuilt? (Hint ... look for tags that mention dates in the 1990's. You might find them on the right hand side of the engine and trans, as well as in the cab).

Heater? As a former Jersey boy ... I KNOW yer gonna need the heater out on Long Island.

Air shift?

Don't keep us guessin' ...

More pics???

oddshot

Last edited:

chevyhurstolds84

Its a shame you couldn't find one with a GOOD STRONG BUMPER!

8)

Welcome aboard young fella ... good to have you here.

About that Mo' power you was asking about ... There is NO way that you could have known ... but you asked a question that gets asked a LOT around here.

Some folks around here don't like nubes asking the same questions over and over again. It makes some of them VERY cranky!

They just can't understand why you didn't pick all this up at the moment you became a two-celled being.

anyoldways, the best thing to do if you feel another question coming on is to follow a simple 4 step process before you ask that question. That will keep the Mary Kay Ladies (don't ask) calm.

1. READ THE MANUALS. TM's have a wealth of knowledge ... you can down load them for free at places like, but not limited to: JATONKAM35s HOME ON THE WEB

2. DO A SEARCH. Think of this place as a HUGE LIBRARY, which it is. Run a through search on this forum ... and the Deuce Hot rodding forum as well.

You will find TONS of threads about boosting power in a Deuce ... which by-the-way is probably best limited to just turning up the fuel.

But I'll let you do a search for that stuff.

3. Although its not exactly relative to information per se ... go back and read the RULES of this board. Folks here are REAL touchy about the rules.

4. How long has it been since your last confession? It would probably be a REAL good idea to get on over ... and get RIGHT first.

If, after following ALL of those 4 steps you do not have the answer to your question ... THEN and only then ... should you consider bringing your question here, before the all wise and all seeing.

Otherwise ... if you feel a nube question coming on ... you just go on and blurt it on out ... one of us other whiney nube's will be happy to try to help you out. 8)

oddshot
thanks for all that wisdom i shall use it the best i can

chevyhurstolds84

You got a white one? Most all the rest of us got green ones. :grin:

So what is it??? What year ... who built it?

Did it get rebuilt? (Hint ... look for tags that mention dates in the 1990's. You might find them on the right hand side of the engine and trans, as well as in the cab).

Heater? As a former Jersey boy ... I KNOW yer gonna need the heater out on Long Island.

Air shift?

Don't keep us guessin' ...

More pics???

oddshot
It's a 1986 Jeep Kaiser M35A2. The engine is original. 12.5k on the truck. It's a convertible (friend did the top). The front axle is air shift (is that what you meant?) I don't know if it has a heater yet I'll look at it next time I play with it. How long should it take to start this thing? It seems like it cranks for a while before it finally comes to life. (crank for 15 seconds about 3-4 times) Promise more pics soon!!! I don't get much time to play on the computer. Between my full time job, side work, and school. it sad that a 19 year old has no time to play.

AceHigh

How long should it take to start this thing? It seems like it cranks for a while before it finally comes to life. (crank for 15 seconds about 3-4 times)
Seems a little long. Drain some fuel out of the primary fuel filter, change the filters if you have spares, but most of all before you start turn on the switch and open the fuel tank. Should hear the in-tank pump operating and some fuel returning to the tank.

If you have clear lines you may be able to see if there are bubbles in the fuel.

Nice truck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks