• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to the Board!

kojo0513

Just wanted to say hello. I THINK* I got a steal on a 87 HMMWV off of GP yesterday. How did I do?

Currently in the process of getting my EOC Approved - they said 7-8 weeks. How long did it take everyone?

I'm stoked AND ready. Sorry for the many questions that I will have coming along.

Came from a 2013 Ford Raptor. Needed something fun off-road.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431645830.486954.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431645840.352091.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431645848.034965.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431645855.924247.jpg

Last edited:

FloridaAKM

Welcome from Florida, looks like a steal of a deal. When you start digging into it, post more pictures & let us know what you find. You may be very happy with your new Hummvee if things continue to go your way like this.

kojo0513

I appreciate the kind words!

When I saw it, I re-read everything three times... Bid on the auction and watched the timer count down. After winning the auction, I re-read it again just to make sure I didn't miss anything haha. Couldn't believe it.

Been poking around this forum and will dig into it a lot more during the next couple of weeks.

Plans are:
Full engine components check / cleaning
CV Boot replacement
Full interior disassembly
Paint
Rebuild

Now the question is, should I keep everything "OEM" or aftermarket?

I know there is an abundance of "stock" parts floating around at discount prices. I do plan on keeping this for awhile.

So- try to keep everything stock so it may increase the value if these become more and more collectable?

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congratulations and welcome! It's your truck to modify as you wish.

BTW, you need to add city/state to your profile.

I appreciate the kind words! When I saw it, I re-read everything three times... Bid on the auction and watched the timer count down. After winning the auction, I re-read it again just to make sure I didn't miss anything haha. Couldn't believe it. Been poking around this forum and will dig into it a lot more during the next couple of weeks. Plans are: Full engine components check / cleaning CV Boot replacement Full interior disassembly Paint Rebuild Now the question is, should I keep everything "OEM" or aftermarket? I know there is an abundance of "stock" parts floating around at discount prices. I do plan on keeping this for awhile. So- try to keep everything stock so it may increase the value if these become more and more collectable?
You are planning on spending a lot of money my friend.... However, you got a real deal on that unit!! Congrats!!!!

KansasBobcat

I appreciate the kind words!

When I saw it, I re-read everything three times... Bid on the auction and watched the timer count down. After winning the auction, I re-read it again just to make sure I didn't miss anything haha. Couldn't believe it.

Been poking around this forum and will dig into it a lot more during the next couple of weeks.

Plans are:
Full engine components check / cleaning
CV Boot replacement
Full interior disassembly
Paint
Rebuild

Now the question is, should I keep everything "OEM" or aftermarket?

I know there is an abundance of "stock" parts floating around at discount prices. I do plan on keeping this for awhile.

So- try to keep everything stock so it may increase the value if these become more and more collectable?
I have to vote for keeping it original. Many of the 1999 auction trucks have been heavily modified. You will spend enough with what you have mentioned without major changes. Again, good luck and have fun.