• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to the community need assistance with CUCV

JustStoner

I have a 85 Chevy K5 m1009.
Is there anyone around the four corners area with experience with the m1009 6.2l.
I am having issues with starting.
It was running before.
It turns over fine.
I have replaced the glow plugs, GP controller on the firewall & card under the dash.
The glow plugs are getting 12v.
The batteries are fully charged.
I replaced the fuel filter & bled the air out of it.
I'm stuck, and getting ready to pull what's left of my hair out.

This is going to be my daily driver. If I can ever get it to work.

Any suggestions?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you read all of the stickys at the top of the CUCV forum you posted in?

There is more information on the CUCVs than any other truck/vehicle on the site.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wrong vehicle for you.

Come on Doghead, cut the guy a little slack. We were all newbies learning the ropes at one point, looking at a broke down truck and thinking WTF?!? Heck, I still get that feeling once in awhile and I've been working on vehicles over 20yrs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks