• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to the CUCV world.

uh_salt_rifle

Picked up this M1009 from a friend. It's bounced between a few friends and now it's my turn.

Screenshot_20211012-071012_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20211001-152509_Facebook.jpg

The truck runs and drives great.

I've already jumped into repairs. The GAUGE cluster lights only work on the fuel gauge side and the housing is pretty much shot. I will pull it out completely and check all of the connections when the new housing arrives.

I ordered a new blackout light but need to move the trans cooler out of the way.

The rack leaks so it's coming off and I'll temporarily patch the holes until i can get it to my friends body shop for permanent repair and a repaint.

This is going to be a fun project and I've already spent days reading this forum.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Picked up this M1009 from a friend. It's bounced between a few friends and now it's my turn.

View attachment 847843
View attachment 847844

The truck runs and drives great.

I've already jumped into repairs. The GAUGE cluster lights only work on the fuel gauge side and the housing is pretty much shot. I will pull it out completely and check all of the connections when the new housing arrives.

I ordered a new blackout light but need to move the trans cooler out of the way.

The rack leaks so it's coming off and I'll temporarily patch the holes until i can get it to my friends body shop for permanent repair and a repaint.

This is going to be a fun project and I've already spent days reading this forum.
Welcome to the outfit as a card carrying MV driving member!

It looks like you have a nice truck to start with and it can only get better from here - right? :)
I particularly like your member name... Nice play on the word!

uh_salt_rifle

Welcome to the outfit as a card carrying MV driving member!

It looks like you have a nice truck to start with and it can only get better from here - right? :)
I particularly like your member name... Nice play on the word!
I can already feel my wallet getting lighter:LOL:

I just love this old truck. I just want to hop in and cruise around.

LT67

Sweet M1009... have fun watching your bank account dwindle lol

Assuming it still has the 6.2 diesel, swap out the harmonic balancer for a new unit asap. Old balancers will destroy these engines. I did that to both of mine. Night n day difference plus the reassurance that an old balancer is not going to come apart and wind up with a broken crankshaft.

uh_salt_rifle

First serious project is to try to find and stop the rust. It's in extremely good condition but i will need to replace a rocker. It's not bad but it must be stopped!

Then it is on to deciding if we straighten EVERY panel😂😑

cucvrus

I have pictures if you would like to see it. I was going to put it on an M1009 roof just for the sake of doing it. I have a few extra roofs. Maybe I should mount it u and sell the finished roof assembly.
Light Bulb Idea Clip Art - Royalty Free - GoGraph
Right now I have no time to play. But I will keep it in mind.

uh_salt_rifle

I have pictures if you would like to see it. I was going to put it on an M1009 roof just for the sake of doing it. I have a few extra roofs. Maybe I should mount it u and sell the finished roof assembly.
Light Bulb Idea Clip Art - Royalty Free - GoGraph
Right now I have no time to play. But I will keep it in mind.
OK... I'm interested!

If we do it I will mount my 1919 to it.

cucvrus

MarcusOReallyus

Hmmm. My butt spent a lot of time sitting in an open 113 hatch. Prop your feet against the .50 mount and the curved inside of the hatch is a pretty good seat. That's not a vry tactical posture but it works for toodling around stateside.

All that to say, that doesn't quite look right. Maybe it's just the angles.....

ssdvc

I bet that armored hatch weights quite a bit !! HUUMMMM, an M1009 Gun Truck. I like that idea (wife not so much !)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks