• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to the deuce world

Firedog7051

Hello! Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a Lance Corporal in the Mairne Corps and recently returned from Iraq. While over there I drove a non-turbo deuce for a month and fell in love with the truck. I also have an 81 M35A2 w/o w as a brush truck in my fire dept which I drove on a few occasions. I was checking out ebay in the computer center one day and found a 77 M35A2 for the sum of $1700. It had some little things wrong like a dented fender, etc but there were a ton of extra parts. Another Marine and I decide to go half and we won the truck for $1825. My buddy went a few days later and picked the truck up and drove it back to my fire station for me since I was just a few thousand miles away! Fast forward 5 months: I'm home and got to see my truck for the first time. Well, was sort of surprised to find that the passenger door window was missing as well as a couple other things, but oh well. It started with authority after sitting for 5 months and that impressed me. Things I've found wrong so far:
Both windshield windows not attached and missing seals

Right windshield wiper motor missing

tubing for wipers not hooked up

horn button wire not there

pass door window missing

headlights, brakelights, front parking lights don't work off the switch

radiator cap is loose

hardtop doesn't want to sit all the way down to be screwed in

pass fender is dented

hood is dented

heater motor missing.

Extra parts include:

1 slave cable,

2 trailer connectors

2 2 pin slave receptacles

6 canvas cargo covers

1 vinyl camo cargo cover

1 humvee cargo cover

5 brand new tires, mounted

3 12 ton bottle jacks

heater controls

2 brand new fenders

misc gauges

full wiring harness

etc, etc, etc.

And here are the goodies I already have for it:

24 to 12v converter for accessories, grover dual trumpet chrome airhorns, whelen edge 9000 amber lightbar.

So what do you think guys, did I get a good deal? I've got my Motor-T mechs checking it over right now on base to see what it needs so I can start shopping.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like you got quite a deal. You won't lose money on it anyway, lots of cool parts. Is this one turbo? How about a winch?

Firedog7051

It is a turbo, but it does not have a winch. I think it's actually better that way though because my fellow Marine and I plan on adding a plow and sander during the winter months. Oh yeah, he and I also found that the engine had a May of 87 date code... I'll have to check the axles when I return to work on Monday and see what the year of the truck is for certain.

cten

Gee, Firedog it is about time you moved that thing out of the Police Station parking lot. I was wondering what happened to it when we drove by last weekend.

Lets hook up.

Regards,

Monster Man

So what do you think guys, did I get a good deal? I've got my Motor-T mechs checking it over right now on base to see what it needs so I can start shopping.

[/quote]shoot yeah!!! $1825 for a truck with no motor is a good deal, let alone a solid runner [thumbzup] All that stuff missing is easy to come across on eBay or from parts places like Saturn Surplus and Joe Young. Great find!

Firedog7051

hehe, I'm hopefully going to get most of the parts from the 5 ton dumps we're getting rid of [^] or the 3 M35's (2 A2's, 1A3) that I parked mine next to on base... They've all got flats so I have a feeling no one tends to them. Nor have they noticed another deuce parked next to them. LOL Hrm, super singles anyone?