• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to the Deuce World

Economist

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After much anticipation, I finally took delivery of my new Deuce yesterday afternoon. While I wish I had one of the cool recovery stories that I have read here on the forum, mine is simply the long saga of searching for, finding, paying for and then taking delivery of a Deuce. So, here are a couple of pictures. It is a 1993 (?) A3 with 2,993 miles and about 495 hours on the engine. It was at Nellis when it went up on GL. Hundy bought it at the auction (he seems to be on the forum a lot). Long story short, Hundy and I struck a deal. Then, while waiting for him to get it released from Nellis, I bought an H1. I called Hundy back to see if he would let me out of the deal (as a gentleman's agreement). He did and returned all my cash.

Then, Hundy picked it up. He called and sent a bunch of pictures. She was a beautiful looking rig. Clean, clean, clean. So, now back to have a conference with the co-captain of our team at home. She tells me that I better get it or I will regret it forever. (No kidding! And yes, we are married.) I emailed Hundy back and struck a deal (again) for the truck. Hundy was great to deal with. Even though it was far better than he thought, he kept the original price. Hundy painted her up, swapped around some tires, loaded up a hard top (as a swap-option for me), put a M101A2 trailer in the bed, and carted her to her new home in AZ.

We unloaded her from Hundy's trailer (and started an interesting set of maneuvers to get the trailer out of the bed of the Deuce -- involving two of my other trailers, 4 neighbors, 2 sticks of gum and a half a roll of gorilla tape). Well, our little family couldn't be more pleased. Now, I need to devote some time to re-reading through the excellent posts that will help me get up to speed. This forum is a great resource. My heartfelt thanks for all the time and effort to develop and maintain this site. It was a valuable resource as I did my research and I hope I can add something back to the community as I start learning more about these spectacular pieces of equipment.

Best Regards,
-Dwight.

Attachments

Economist

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Many thanks for the warm welcome. The most common question I get from outsiders is "what are you going to do with it". My current response is "have fun". Have any of you come up with a more eloquent response?

I am attaching a photo of my 7 year old in the cab from yesterday. I had to literally pry him out of the cab at bedtime. I don't know that I will ever win father of the year, but I definitely had one vote last night.

Attachments

Economist

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice looking truck, Mark (Hundy) is good people!!8)
I would highly recommend Mark to anyone. He was completely honest, easy to deal with and just a good mensch. He even hooked me up with another full set of tires that still smelled factory new. He was a true gentleman to let me out of my deal (to the point of refusing to accept any of my cash for holding the truck for a couple of weeks before I was distracted by my H1.) He eventually agreed to accept some cash, but that was only to make me feel better about backing out. Then, to give the same price when he knew he could sell it for a couple of grand more? That kind of business is far too uncommon today. He has a lifetime fan in me!

treessw

Good Looking, your gonna enjoy the A3. I picked one up a few weeks ago and have been messing with it since. Good thread to check out is "A3 owners unite" Will answer some questions you may already have. Welcome to the addiction:grd:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks