• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new to the deuce

tgabby1968

I purchased my 1st deuce last weekend. It is registered as a 1955 Reo. The PO purchased it from an auction 5 years ago here in Washington State. The motor and running gear are all tagged with 1986. The motor is a LDS 465. The only rust on it is a small quarter size hole on the inside of the passenger door. Everything seems to operate/function properly. The ID number on the frame doesn't look like others I've seen (0525 2165S), but the dash plate does say it was manufactured by Reo motors and has a 195X year on it and a part# of 2320-835-8463.

Any idea of what all these #'s mean.

Oh yeah purchase price of $3200, seemed like a good price.

AaronW

Welcome to the nuthouse tgabby. We have quite a few Western WA folks here. Just search PNW to see what we have been up to.

And.......we are going to need pics of your new truck!

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
0525 2165S, are you sure that last digit is an S and not a 5? Any bumper numbers? Take all the numbers you have and put them in Carnacs vin thread. Follow his instructions on his first post. He may have info on your truck.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/members-rides/62871-2011-vin-info-thread.html?highlight=vin
:ditto:

I bet 100 bucks it's a 5.

With that frame number it's not a '55 REO either. More than likely a early '70s Kaiser Jeep, General Products Division, or AM General.

tgabby1968

Regardless of year and make, it sure is fun to drive around. It sure draws alot attention and get alot of thumbs up.rofl

Oh yeah I forgot to mention, it has a heater and air assist stearing. Also came with an extra 4 new tires with rims and 2 new loose tires (9.00x20). I'll try to post picks of it soon.