• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to the disease

harleyrkc

I just won my first M35A2 auction 5603 at Selfride Air Base. What the **** have I gotten myself into? I know I've got a long wait for my EUC but what else can I expect or should I be doing? My EUC will be emailed in monday morning which is the first full business day after the auction.

What can I expect trying to remove it? Should I tow it no matter what the condition? Has anyone ever used their AAA RV+ towing benifits to remove one of these?

whyme

get it towed off base and inspect everything before you plan on driving it. lots of things can and do go wrong with these given the age and fact they have sat on the lot for a while. the removal process is simple in load and out (asside from the getting on base show up 30 min early and expect to be late), some try and drive off but there are alot of unknowns with the truck and even if it does run and stop it might not a mile down the road.

email the EUC now. if you dont fill it out right it will get returned in a week or so. could be 3 weeks before it gets sent to BC if thats the case so follow the directions.

read the operator manuals and get to know about the "how tos" of inspecting, servicing, and driving them. helps to know something before u get there.

the truck will prob need misc fluids, batteries, and maybe some repairs. they are big, slow, smelly, and tend to leak here and there given the age of them. they are awesome, congrads! :beer:

Last edited:

Preacherboy

Your truck will definately need batteries, just being in Burton I'll bet you will be able to get someone to help you with recovery. Shoot, if you could round up a tow bar I might be able to help you with recovery. I know my dad will just be driving his off the base, but I'll be with him in my deuce.

And welcome to steelsoldiers!

harleyrkc

Your truck will definately need batteries, just being in Burton I'll bet you will be able to get someone to help you with recovery. Shoot, if you could round up a tow bar I might be able to help you with recovery. I know my dad will just be driving his off the base, but I'll be with him in my deuce.

And welcome to steelsoldiers!
Thanks for the offer I'll keep it in mind. MY EUC will be going out tomorrow morning because thats when I can use the scanner in our office to make the color copy of my license.

Happyland1410

Welcome to the disease!

I just went through my first GL/EUC process (still waiting) so here are a few things I learned which might help.

1. When you email anything also copy it to info@govliquidation.com This seems to be the only address that the online chat people have access to. The online chat people have been very helpful.

2. Go ahead and fill out an Export Letter and send it in with your EUC. Nowhere are you told you need it until they send you an email requesting additional information several days after you submitted your EUC.

Here is a link to the Export Letter that someone provided here on SS. Just fill in your GL account number, Name and address at the top then sign and scan it.

http://steelsoldiers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=90734&d=1219355795

3. I have heard that at least in some states the drivers licenses do not scan very well. I took a digital picture of mine instead and sent that. I believe you could just attache the JPG file but I went ahead and inserted the JPG into a document and converted that to a PDF.

Here is a more detailed post of the steps I just went through to get my EUC off to Battle Creek.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/general-gl-questions/52822-how-long-battle-creek-13.html#post641334

Good Luck!

harleyrkc

Happyland1410 thanks for the export paperwork, I added it to my documents to go out in the morning. Hopefully that'll speed up my paperwork, I'm going to have a hard enough time waiting for my EUC to clear.

6x6guy

Welcom to the green disease, as far as GL ( situation normal all full of themselves).
Good luck on your recent acquisition and lots of luck. :roll:

harleyrkc

Thanks guys.... I don't need any encouragement. I already caught a severe case of BRD over at ArfCom. I just figured the ODD would go well with it. And besides the family already thinks I'm nuts so why not show them? :cookoo:

harleyrkc

My paper work must be in order. I had two revisions to make to my EUC and I haven't heard back since I emailed it back the second time. They were very prompt with the revisions.

I can see now I'm not going to have any hair left by the time I get this truck though. :jumpin:

When do I fill out the paperwork for the title?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks