• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new to the forum M1078 LMTV

kidkona

morning everyone im' new to the forum my name is Rich Moretti. I have 1993 M1078 tywo and half ton cargo . it needs a bit work. brakes and electrical . looking forward to get it on the road . have to figure out how post pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:

twisted60

Welcome to the site, welcome from South Florida, lot of great people here to help figure things out just ask. To post a pic, there is a little menu bar where you write messages, picture is second from right.

coachgeo

electrical...... now that may NOT be just a "bit" of work thing you will end up with. ..... course that matters your knowledge on Auto electronics. Bit for you may be an insurmountable obstacle for others.

This rigs are a good hint that soon... real soon...... auto/truck technicians will be Electronic and computer Guru's primarily. Granted they will still need to be or pair up with good ol' Engine Tranny Guru's of the past to get things fully operational. So far the electronics wear way way faster then the mechanical does. (wiring connections etc.) and leave us used vehicle owners with a confusing mess.

kidkona

yes I know just trying to be positive about the electric . im' sure i'll be picking your guy's brain about any issues lol. but I did find find a bunch of TM on line . I have to redo the hole dashboard . so I'm staying positive i'll try to send pictures

coachgeo

yes I know just trying to be positive about the electric . im' sure i'll be picking your guy's brain about any issues lol. but I did find find a bunch of TM on line . I have to redo the hole dashboard . so I'm staying positive i'll try to send pictures
All the TM's for A0 and A1's? are posted here on this board. Go to First page of Steel soldiers. First forum is TM section. Search FMTV in that forum and Post will come up with links to most all the TM's that are downloaded to the server here. I found a few sections missing but found them on web. The A2 trucks (Not as many in civilian hands) those TM's have not and may not be released AND they are not in a PDF format. They are an actual "software"/"hardware" system. There is no paper.

Last edited:

Scottlee37

Hi I’m new to the site and have an issue with my 1078A1 P2 , my cab lift is very very slow I have plenty of fluid in it and have drained the system and refilled it but still no good , is there a relief valve or something else I’m missing

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi I’m new to the site and have an issue with my 1078A1 P2 , my cab lift is very very slow I have plenty of fluid in it and have drained the system and refilled it but still no good , is there a relief valve or something else I’m missing
It would be best to do a little searching and then if you can't find your answer start a new thread. Tagging onto one that is basically completely unrelated will make a lot of potential good info get lost.

coachgeo

It would be best to do a little searching and then if you can't find your answer start a new thread. Tagging onto one that is basically completely unrelated will make a lot of potential good info get lost.
good suggestion... before starting new thread though.. if another is on same topic that gives you most what you need.... then just add to that one your follow up questions. This keeps the chain of good info in one place.

PS- a lot of time when one searches.... what you first find is better key words to search with and not actual answers "YET" New key words will get you closer and closer. BTW using Advanced Search feature of your favorite search engine (Google Bing etc.) works better than most bulletin board search engines. You can specify this website.... use FMTV and LMTV as one of your search words though.

Welcome to the FMTV world

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks