• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to the group and already i have the fever

Robo902co

Hi fellow Patriots, i just want to start out by saying this is an awesome forum. I'm already starting my journey of looking into a M35a2 or M35a3.I would like some advice on which model to go with and why since i am totally new to this experience. Thanks

jeeplvr247

Welcome to the addiction. If you are on a budget the a2 is the way to go. They frequently sell for under $3000 in decent shape. The a3's are nice but you defiantly pay for it.

deuceaid

Banned
Welcome. A2s will be more common for awhile, they may need a little more work on them from time to time, but for now they seem to be the biggest group out there with the most people familiar with them (engine /drivetrain)

Robo902co

Well thanks for the info guys. I spent about 2.5 hours going through all the threads and feel i have a better understanding of the direction i'm going in. I definitely say its a toss up when it comes to either the A2 or the A3.

Motorcar

Big differences in the two, including price. Not as many A3 built, under 6,000 total if I recall right. Like power steering and automatic transmission, or shifting the gears with armstrong steering? If money is no object own both! There seems to be quite a bit fewer A2 trucks coming out of GL these days than a couple of years ago where I watched lots of them go for the $800 range at Fort Sam. There are still some sweet looking clean ones that show up once in a while if you are willing to travel to get it.

Remember that when you get one......you MUST post pictures!

Hoefler

I have both an A2 and A3. The A2 is a classic-looks better.
A3 looks more Russian -to me anyway.
A2-loud and a little clunky. A3, drives like a bus and a bit quieter. If you plan on driving in the country without stop lights-A2. If you live in urban area, A3. Having owned many airplanes, sports cars, boats, I can tell you that driving these things is actually more fun. Not sure why, but its great fun. Part of this may be the servicing of them-greasing, fixing, patching-its all great fun. Smoking large cigar while driving-doesnt get any better than that!
Pete

Attachments