• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to the M211 family

ThumperTDC

Yesterday being Patriot day, my father inlaw and I resurrected some old Military iron.

image.jpg image.jpg

No no engine or trans, but it's a good parts truck for the project I am wanting to do. Tomorrow my father inlaw is going to check out a second M211, this one being complete. I was initially looking for a 47-54 Chevy/gmc pickup to restore and decided to take a completely different route. The plan is to end up with a completely unique rig. When finished it will be a crew cab with a 6.2 diesel, turbo 400 with s custom flat bed. Was originally thing of sticking with the green, but now thinking going with flat black. Going to make custom dual stacks for it and possibly a custom front bumper as well as probably server also other custom stuff. Looking forward to working on this beast.

it was kinda neat yesterday watching everyone stop and stare as I drove by.

Last edited:

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
G749

Welcome to Steel Soldier's Early Deuce Group Establishment for Yoddlers....or EDGEY.

Really looking forward to a custom project so don't be afraid to post up as many problems and pictures as you can. We've all wanted a re-powered 6x6 but the finish line hasn't been there for a lot of folks so hope you pull it off. Lots of straight pieces on your truck.

Any history on the it or what might have been on the back?? Data plates??

We're always peaking under the hood and a V8 would look just right, thanks for sharing it.

farm 15 020.jpg

ThumperTDC

Gonna probably have a bunch of parts to sell at some point. Probably won't be really digging on it until next year as the wife isn't too happy I have a few other unfinished projects.

here are the numbers on the hood:
image.jpg

Would be interested to know if there is a way to look up its history.

USMC 00-08

Welcome to the forum! Looks like a good truck to work with. Will be neat to see what you do with it.

I would be interested in buying the rock guards on the top of the front bumper should you decide to sell parts after you get the custom bumper on.

ThumperTDC

My father inlaw is heading North today to go look at a complete one, so should probably have #2 in the next week or two.

One plan we have, even though it has been said it can't be done is fitting it with air brakes. Have all the tooling to get the job done, just need to see what it takes to get it done. It may not work out, but right now liking the idea of a challenge.

deuceman51

Welcome to the family. They are really neat trucks to restore and actually ride very nice. If you need parts let me know. I have a ton of good take off M211/M135 stuff. Engines, transmissions, and mostly a lot of sheet metal stuff.

ThumperTDC

Here is #2 that we will be picking up. As a firefighter it kinda pains me to think about tearing this apart. My department used to have one very similar, it would be cool if this was the one, but if it is, I'll be looking for a third one as I don't think I would be able to tear it apart. Doing some research to find out for sure.

Had to rent a trailer to bring the last one home, this time get to pick up the same model trailer my father inlaw bought, not sure if I'm more excited about getting the truck or getting the new trailer?

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Section8

Welcome to the insanity!
Your first purchase looks better than mine!
The second one looks great. Perfect for some TLC and a slathering of OD green. Perfect restoration rig.
Deuceman51 could you shove a whole cab in an envelope and mail it to me COD? Lol!

ThumperTDC

My father inlaw started tearing in to the rear brake to it size up for air brakes.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

The last pic kinda gives away what we are shooting to install if everything goes as planned.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks