• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new to the site and just got a cucv

Sportsmanfromkc

hello guys and gals, kansas city area here.....new to the site and just purchased a cucv on sunday, i have to admit i am a ford man but i love the m.v. look and so i now own a m1009 1984.....i have seen post about manuals but when i go to the resources tab and click tec manuals it takes me back to the home page....found the battery starter diagram in cucv forum home page, but i am looking for altenators and also dash and driving/brake light dagrams.....blazer i purchased has little rust, a few dings, runs good on highway but didn't start this morning...charged it this afternoon and it fired up after a very small shot of ether......seems to be very cold blooded or glowplugs are not working.....have a good buddy that is a former mechanic, and still is a grease monkey at heart who is helping me fix the old girl up....once she is running the whip antennas and the works are going on her.....very informitive site, reminds me of my catfishing site i use...catfish1.com but that is my other hobby....lol........................................................................................................................may not be on everyday so if i dont get back to ya for awhile thanks for the welcomes and hope to learn as much as i can from yall......

pics to come.... if your in kansas city contact me if you are willing to do work for beer.........

Cucvnut

Welcome to SS I hope you enjoy the sites. I would down load the TM's and read the WIKI. Also please try to make paragraphs and complete sentences.

Sportsmanfromkc

ok, thanks for the link and the welcomes. i will try to use scentences and paragraphs. but i have to say i am a basic grunt at heart and if god wanted me to learn that he would not have made me a marine.

well i did get a profile pic and before anyone says anything i know it is hard to see. best i can do for now, but many more to come.

Boreal21

Congrats on the new truck [thumbzup] I just picked up an 84 M1009 last Tuesday from Nellis AFB near Vegas. It's my 3rd MV, but my first Blazer. 2 new batteries and it fired right up!

Anyway, the site is going through a little revamp and so the resources area is down for now. Check the link in post #5 above for all the manuals you need. Also, as was mentioned, read through the CUCV FAQ as well as the stickies at the top of the CUCV forum... that will give you a great head start on your new toy.

I'm not sure if you have to have a certain post count before you post pics, but hurry up!!:grd:

rnd-motorsports

Welcome to the site and the sickness! :lol: Sorry to hear about your other problem! lucky for you ,You started the cure for that Ford thing won't ask how you got it none of my business, Glad to hear you are getting better! [thumbzup] hope you can completely get get rid of it!rofl rofl

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome.

For hard starting, disconnect all the glow plugs at the plug itself. CLEAN THOROUGHLY. I used paper towels and Qtips. Mine took FOREVER to start. I cleaned all those plugs and reconnected.

Starts up, but it took a bit of 'grinding'. Call it at least fifteen to thirty seconds. A new set of 6TL's from Interstate and NOW she literally starts within about three seconds.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Sportsmanfromkc

Welcome.

For hard starting, disconnect all the glow plugs at the plug itself. CLEAN THOROUGHLY. I used paper towels and Qtips. Mine took FOREVER to start. I cleaned all those plugs and reconnected.

Starts up, but it took a bit of 'grinding'. Call it at least fifteen to thirty seconds. A new set of 6TL's from Interstate and NOW she literally starts within about three seconds.

Hope that helps.

thanks for the tip.....

Sportsmanfromkc

well guys, i have had my first wreck in a cucv. the guy rear-ended me in a chevy impala. needless to say i drove away after talking to the officer and he was sitting there waiting on a towtruck. all that happened to my girl was a few red scuffs on the rear bumper and it bent one of the safety chain latches for towing up under the bumper.

takes a licking and keeps on ticking. even the officer that came to the scene got a chuckle from that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks