• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to the site, Shopping for deuces.

3dAngus

Warren, send more pics of your jeep so we can drool over your work.
I love a nice jeep!

Your Dad was very proud I'm sure. Sorry to hear about your loss.

oddshot

So MX, attack that deuce with a hunger for knowledge. I printed all the manuals for my cucv and deuces off this site. They are in binders, each page in a plastic sleeve. I add notes from members posts to the manual where needed, along with a page for filter, belt, and hose part numbers. That stays with the truck.

There will be problems that will stump you. Refer to the book first. Then phone a friend or use the SS help line!

The gist of this thread should be to learn your vehicle. Know its limitations and your limitations. And enjoy the truck.
A BIG ol' plus 1.

And today I lowered my BOBBED Deuce's chassis down on its new springs. Another couple days ... and she'll be ready for paint!

A LOT of folks HERE told me that I would not be able to do this project by myself.

Not only did I do it by myself ... I did the whole thing with just a Harbor Freight Cherry Picker Engine Hoist, some 1 inch line ... and a LOT of years moving heavy stuff around by myself.

Now that I got it done ... I can see I probably could have done the whole job without using a hoist...

Yeah ... the Deuce probably ain't the best choice for a Chase Truck ... especially for the ANYTHING in the Baja ... It wouldn't be my first choice ...

But if you got an idea that you can make it work ...

Then BY GOD ... You go for it Boy!

Just make sure you post pictures!

If you ain't having fun... you ain't doing it right!

oddshot

chevyforlife

Hes young like me and interested in the MV world like you was back then....
MX i was thinking about doing stuff like that but then i realized that it will take money and space to do it in ..... if your looking for a chase vehicle get a CUCV easy to repair cause things break on chase vehicle's
the m109 would be perfected for race course cars and trucks

oddshot

Not everything is from a book or manual. And some of the knowledge imparted on this site is priceless, may have saved a life, and may form friendships like I have with some of you.

Telling me to go use the search engine is telling me you're self "entitled" on this site.

Its the same with all forums.

There is always a rotten egg. But there is luckily a majority that WILL answer your question...a majority that WILL go out of their way to help you.

Rather than type "use the search engine", why not take a huge effort and answer the question without being condescending...or or not type at all.
ALL very good points.

And, as I said there are rules in place on this forum to keep folks civil and friendly.

If I may quote:

Closing Points:

• Keep it FUN. SteelSoldiers.Com is meant to be a fun place to hang out and share in your love of military vehicles.
• Keep it CLEAN. Watch your language because lots of families visit this site together.
• Keep it INFORMATIVE. This is a place to share information, not fluff, jokes, emails, dirty pictures, etc… Make a good contribution. Don’t post just for the sake of posting. Be prepared to back up your information with sources because it is in our nature to challenge others.
• Keep it EDUCATIONAL. Post up well thought out how-to articles, tips/tricks, cost saving advice, parts cross-over info, etc…
• Keep it REAL. Be yourself. Don’t assume some internet personality in an attempt to impress or deceive the membership.
• Keep it OPEN-MINDED. Share your ideas and information freely with the membership. Be open to new ideas and changes suggested in the forums.
• Keep it FRIENDLY. Welcome new members with open arms. Don’t chastise them and belittle them just because they are new. All of you were newbies at some point too!
• Keep it GOING. Steel Soldiers relies on advertising and the generosity of our membership to pay the bills and develop new and exciting changes. Please contribute if you are able.

I personally like the one that says:

Keep it FRIENDLY. Welcome new members with open arms. Don’t chastise them and belittle them just because they are new. All of you were newbies at some point too!

oddshot

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks