• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to the SS family looking for answers

MtnDuece

Just bought my first deuce came off grand junction Colorado NG base
Wondering if any one runs biodiesel in the multi fuel and if so what problems
It may cause does it require an oil mix I would appreciate your feed back feel free to ask any questions about your heating or a/c in house I am a tech

gungearz

Welcome to the steel soldiers.... Remember: "MULTIFUEL". There's plenty of threads on here to help you out. Start your homework early so you can go out and play.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter

scopionf89

I run it in my truck all the time I can get it about 10 cents a gallon cheaper than regular disel on fort lewis so thats my primary fule. I usuly like to run a quart or more of morter oil every time I fill up probly not nessacry with biofule but it seems to run better.

Googal biodiesel filter bags this will bring up sites that sell filter bags that you can use to filter wast oil to run your truck off. I change the oil in my nabors cars for free and then just mix the oil with regular gas and then with a harbor frait transfer pump pust the oil gas mix threw a biodiesel 5 micron filter bag strait into my fule tank. This eliminats the need for getting the water out of the oil.

One more quik thing their have been a lot of trucks that have had their mulitie fule capabilty bypassed. Make sure that befor you go and start runing your truck off mixed moter oil that you make sure your system has not been by passed. Even if your system has been by passed you will be ok to run biodiesel.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Some bio-diesel is astringent.....it will clean all the crud out of your system and deposit it in the fuel filters. In some cases it can cause older rubber hoses and tubing to fail.

If you are going to run it carry spare filters with you at all times.

Welcome to the Green Iron Laughing Accademy.:cookoo:

phil2968

One more quik thing their have been a lot of trucks that have had their mulitie fule capabilty bypassed. Make sure that befor you go and start runing your truck off mixed moter oil that you make sure your system has not been by passed. Even if your system has been by passed you will be ok to run biodiesel.
Not quite correct. You can run any approved fuels. These engines are multifuel at their heart. That comes from the design of their pistons, compression ratio- 22 to 1, and injectors. They will burn almost any fuel with a BTU rating. Bypassing the FDC does not change that. It was to keep the engine at a constant horsepower rating regardless of the fuel used. Thicker fuel usually have a higher BTU rating.
You can run into trouble mixing different fuels in the engine and tank. Members on this site have had trouble with WMO and WVO in the tank and engine at the same time.
2cents

Last edited:

scopionf89

Not quite correct. You can run any approved fuels. These engines are multifuel at their heart. That comes from the design of their pistons, compression ratio- 22 to 1, and injectors. They will burn almost any fuel with a BTU rating. Bypassing the FDC does not change that. It was to keep the engine at a constant horsepower rating regardless of the fuel used. Thicker fuel usually have a higher BTU rating.
You can run into trouble mixing different fuels in the engine and tank. Members on this site have had trouble with WMO and WVO in the tank and engine at the same time.
2cents
Thats good to know. My brothers have had their FDC's bypassed I thought that had elimintated their muiltie fule ablity with out getting FDC put back into the equashion. I will make sure that I don't mix vegie oil and wast oil.

Some of the guys in my platoon chanlaged me to run my duec off strait vegtibal oil not the wast stuff but clean fresh from the wallmart stuff with out mixing it with any thing. Would their be any harm to do this after first draing the tank compleetly?

197thhhc

The main thing you need to have when you are running alternative fuels is a spare set of filters with you at all times, and the tools to change them. Other than that I have had no problems running almost anything. My FDC is bypassed on my truck, it hasn't made a difference. The multifuel is an incredible engine if you treat it right.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks