• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to this hobby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy Frantz

Hey, Folks,,

I'm new to this, so please be gentle. I just bought two trucks from GL, an M923A2 and an M925A1. How do I go about insuring these for the road? My insurance agent is coming up with nothing and I need to get them this week; they're in Aberdeen, MD., and I want to get them to Salem, VA. They're both drivers, so I'm planning to drive them here. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!
Tommy

M925

Call Geico, and if you can register it as a Antique pre 1988 models, you will save money. I pay $180/ year with Geico.

In VA, registration fees are based on GVWR, and a 5ton registration costs $500/year in VA. I'm not paying $500/year so I always look for older trucks, made before 1988. If they are 90's models and you don't have a farm.....hmmmm $1,000/ year registration. Plus you will not have to pay Property Tax....if they are antique.

Usually Antique insurance is cheaper too. You could run it as a farm truck, if that applies.

Brother, I am in Radford!!! LET'S GO RIDE!!!! We are like 40 miles apart. Let's go cruise Giles and Craig Counties!

*Add yourself to the member map.
**Post some pics of your trucks!

Last edited:

jatonka

Contact JC Taylor antique auto insurance in Upper Darby, PA. As long as they are 25 yrs old they will insure them Historical. Very low cost. Excellent co to deal with. I have 9 trucks with them every year. JT out

M925

When you title it in VA if you cannot do the antique thing, title it with the lowest GVWR possible and save some $$$.

They asked me the GVWR and I said 33,000 pounds, then she said $500 and my head almost exploded.

I think you have to have one or five acres to say it's a farm truck, or you if you work on someone else's farm, it can be considered a farm truck. But it is a felony if you phib now!

Last edited:

Tommy Frantz

Sargeant, do you have particular places to go wheeling? I've never wheeled a five ton truck before...but sounds like fun!! I think driving THROUGH a grove of trees would tickle my funny bone!

Tommy

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your M925A1 should be a 1987 or so. JC Taylor would not insure my 5 tons. They have my deuces though. I have Progressive for heavier trucks.

M925

I can take you to the sugar grove in C'burg, and there some stuff to do out in Bland, Pulasiki, Giles and Craig.....when I get my tags on this one we should have a small member ride. We could use your winch.

We could go up the backside of mountain lake, they are logging out there.

You got singles on both?

My name is Jason, I had a M925 for my first truck but I sold it. Sargent distinguishes the number of posts a person has. Though I am a LT in the Guard.

I'm no extreme off-roader, I'm just happy out in the middle of nowhere, cruising down a rough grave road.

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Insurance thread.

I'm working on a sticky that we may put up. It will just list a bunch of companies that may or may not insure your truck in your state with your driving record and whether you have a garage or whether you drive it 47 miles per year or 47,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks