• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to this

daniel17319

Hey guys im going to purchase a deuce and half. I was in the military and worked with hmmvvs etc so im sure some knowledge transfered i was a Scout so i just no general maintenance.

I need to be pointed in the right direction for information i know so little about this stuff. Threads that are useful write ups whatever you got.

I will do research on my own, Im trying to get alot of info quick.

I do plan to bob it and put some solid wheels lockers IDK what kind yet. Also plan to prep it and cover it with bed liner.

I have a friend that will let it go for 3500 which i have its in good shape has a turbo and a wench.

Any help would be appreciated

daniel17319

Yeap I think so ill hit up kinkos and get that stuff printed.

Sorry cant spell im legally retarded in the state of Texas but not Colorado.

3dAngus

If he has a M35 with winch for $3500, and it has no leaks and runs, you better get your butt over there and buy it before I do. ;)

You can't get a M35 with winch running, in fairly good shape for $3500 any more. Even on GL, where you can't test drive, you have to transport it outta there, and you take much more risk, you're going to pay a minimum of $1000 more for one with a winch, or $4500 minimum.

He's doing you a favor. Buy it before he changes his mind, or sobers up. :D

Oh, and you better forget about Kinko's. It will cost you more to print those TMs out then new tires.

Scooteerr

i think craigslist employee messed up on that wench thing too.... there was a thread on it last month i think... so your not alone on that thing... lol

AND.... to stay on topic, im assuming its an a2 not an a3 due to price.... i hear that the a2's are VERY easy to work on, but usually need working on often... lol.... but not as often as the a3... but i guess thats part of the hobby... and unless you have a good job or a credit card with a high limit, never go to gov liquidation... cus' suddenly uu need everything!!!! lol... will be getting my A2 shortly too... lol...
subscribed:grd:

texas must have a high standard (or colorado a low one) LOL!!!! (no hating here, im just messing around... lol)

Last edited:

daniel17319

Sorry not saying were Im getting it. He has more tho ill ask if he wants to sell some more :D Hes got alot of other goodies out there too.

Specific questions Um idk what kind of locker do I need what should i do for solid axles without getting a new mortgage. Any help would be appreciated even some general info.

Edit its got a turbo charger it must be the newer model.

Last edited by a moderator:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry not saying were Im getting it. He has more tho ill ask if he wants to sell some more :D Hes got alot of other goodies out there too.

Specific questions Um idk what kind of locker do I need what should i do for solid axles without getting a new mortgage. Any help would be appreciated even some general info.

Edit its got a turbo charger it must be the newer model.[/QUOTE]

Deuces have solid axels .

Having a tubo charger has nothing to do with being newer , they have had them since the late 60's.

start with these TM'S; GTA-9-1-1851-8.pdf ( will show how to inspect and learn names of parts )
TM9-2320-209-10-1.pdf
TM9-2320-209-20-1.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:

daniel17319

Thank you Mr Porky Im well aware that most info is found in TMs and FMs. I guess this website is obsolete.

Last edited:

dikwks

Sorry Daniel, but I am SLIGHTLY inebriated and couldn't resist. Sounds like you've got a line on a pretty good deal. Go for it. I've had mine for about 10 months and have enjoyed every minute of it. This site is way cool too, information is power. This place is has a strong Kung-foo.
2cents

SMOKEWAGON66

Sorry Daniel, but I am SLIGHTLY inebriated and couldn't resist. Sounds like you've got a line on a pretty good deal. Go for it. I've had mine for about 10 months and have enjoyed every minute of it. This site is way cool too, information is power. This place is has a strong Kung-foo.
2cents

...Kung-foo? Not quite what I'd use to describe it, but whatever it is, it IS strong lol. It might rhyme with foo though.... rofl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks