• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New top for 004

reiters

I had a bunch of very large oak trees cut out of my back yard. They dropped a large limb on my genset and dented the top over the muffler. It also dented the door covering the starter. I beat the door and top straight enough (16lbs sledge) to get it back on and moving but it has since pooled water and streamed in right onto the starter solenoid. I cleaned the solenoid once and got it working again but it's gone bad again. I need a top, door and solenoid. Anyone have an old mep004 parts machine that I can get those pieces from?

As it is, I can't trust that when I pull the switch that the genset will start. If you can't trust it then it's pretty useless. In a pinch I can use a screwdriver but man 24v can blow nice sparks and holes in screwdrivers.

-K

reiters

I just started digging into the manual tonight. Honestly I thought it would be like hens teeth to find a new solenoid. I was wrong. The solenoid is part 1115505 and readily available. Not super cheap but that doesn't matter so much. Debating on OEM on aftermarket. Roughly 2x-3x the price. I tried to silicone things up so the water stops but that will only last so long. I can buy the door for around $125 delivered which I don't think is too bad. Haven't found a lid yet but I need to find the part number for that then do a search. Sad part is I'm sure their are tons setting in fields just rusting away. I had no idea what it was going to cost to fix or I might have had a different conversation with tree trimmers. I just shrugged it of and said "It's military and tough. Don't worry about it".

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could always try Delks too, I bet they have an 004 hanging around.

Delk’s Army Navy Surplus
4705 U.S. Highway 64
Asheboro, NC 27205
(336) 629-0991

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks