• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New top for 004

reiters

I had a bunch of very large oak trees cut out of my back yard. They dropped a large limb on my genset and dented the top over the muffler. It also dented the door covering the starter. I beat the door and top straight enough (16lbs sledge) to get it back on and moving but it has since pooled water and streamed in right onto the starter solenoid. I cleaned the solenoid once and got it working again but it's gone bad again. I need a top, door and solenoid. Anyone have an old mep004 parts machine that I can get those pieces from?

As it is, I can't trust that when I pull the switch that the genset will start. If you can't trust it then it's pretty useless. In a pinch I can use a screwdriver but man 24v can blow nice sparks and holes in screwdrivers.

-K

reiters

I just started digging into the manual tonight. Honestly I thought it would be like hens teeth to find a new solenoid. I was wrong. The solenoid is part 1115505 and readily available. Not super cheap but that doesn't matter so much. Debating on OEM on aftermarket. Roughly 2x-3x the price. I tried to silicone things up so the water stops but that will only last so long. I can buy the door for around $125 delivered which I don't think is too bad. Haven't found a lid yet but I need to find the part number for that then do a search. Sad part is I'm sure their are tons setting in fields just rusting away. I had no idea what it was going to cost to fix or I might have had a different conversation with tree trimmers. I just shrugged it of and said "It's military and tough. Don't worry about it".

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could always try Delks too, I bet they have an 004 hanging around.

Delk’s Army Navy Surplus
4705 U.S. Highway 64
Asheboro, NC 27205
(336) 629-0991