• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Top for the M923A1

Barron

Finally got my top on from popacom. Got a complete set of troop seats over the weekend, which had been holding me up.

The paint on the truck doesn't quite match the camo on the top.

435 miles and 26.5 hours from a Ft. Riley KS OH

Attachments

Stonepicker1

Finally got my top on from popacom. Got a complete set of troop seats over the weekend, which had been holding me up.

The paint on the truck doesn't quite match the camo on the top.

435 miles and 26.5 hours from a Ft. Riley KS OH
Nice looking cover...I bought two kits also form papacom:D. I need troop seats also.:(

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Barron I swear that truck of yours looks better every time I see it! I just finished complete dissasembly, sanding a complete repainting of my troop seats just comp[leted installing them on Sat. Tonight I started sanding and repainting on the interior of the truck I should have all the new recovered seat cushions in this week and can get them re-installed. As soon as the weather gets warmer around here I will start prepping the truck for new paint I am STILL waiting for my SF97 to show up so I can get it licensed and titled so I do have plenty of time to work on it Barron, I will keep you posted!
KK

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a great looking truck Barron. I bought the same top from Poppacom but am waiting to install it until I get the convoy lights mounted so I can stand in the bed to work.

Question for you, would you pretty please go out and measure the overall height of your cargo cover from the bed? The deuce cargo cover is about 5' but that looks shorter. I need to figure out how high to put my convoy lights and spotlight. It would be a huge help to know how tall that is.

Thanks!

Stonepicker1

Question for you, would you pretty please go out and measure the overall height of your cargo cover from the bed? The deuce cargo cover is about 5' but that looks shorter. I need to figure out how high to put my convoy lights and spotlight. It would be a huge help to know how tall that is.

Thanks!
I know the side stakes on the 2-1/2 and 5 ton are the same at 46".
Height should be the same unless the longer side stakes were used.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good Morning Barron I measure the cargo cover on my 925 this morning and the top of the bows at the center is 5 ft measure from the bed of the truck. The outside of the bows drop down to 57 inches again measured from the bed of the truck to the top of the bows again this is the still inside the bed but on the outside edge of the bed! I sure hope this helps you and by the way convoy lights are VERY cool!!!!!
KK

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks