• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new toy for the Deuce

davidkroberts

wow is that really a bridge to nowhere, how did you swing that? Did you fall for the ole " i've got a bridge for sale" trick and actually buy it?...lol

I like the truck...... i was wondering can those genny sets be wired into the house circuit box for a backup/ emergency power unit? has anyone ever tried it? Is it going to fry my microwave or anything?

LC

I'm 70 miles southwest of you. What is the camo pattern called that is used on these Air Guard trucks? I need to get some tan or brown that will match.

lenz1079

yes the bridge is to nowhere. it was placed their by our county so that they could preserve it and then be able to level the rest of the same ones. ( historical rules).

the genset is able to do up to 3 phase 240 its a 10 KW MEP-005A originally skid mounted. then someone put it on the M200 trailer. we will use it to power the emergency morgue that i am assembling.

im not sure about the camo pattern but yes its from ILANG, i drove it right out the gate in Peoria! They even had a mechanic there to make sure i could drive her away. Thats the luck of being higher on the food chain then when stuff reaches GL. I think the camo pattern is the hide from work pattern. :p

Attachments

Crash_AF

Just a side note.... a MEP-005A is 30KW, not 10... The 10K is a MEP-003.

You can wire it up to a house, but to meet code you will require either an automatic or manual transfer switch. The big issue with military generators for emergency standby use is most do not have electronic governors to compensate for load changes. You have to go outside and manually adjust the frequency to keep it at 60Hz.

Later,
Joe

Jakob

Crash_AF said:
Just a side note.... a MEP-005A is 30KW, not 10... The 10K is a MEP-003.

You can wire it up to a house, but to meet code you will require either an automatic or manual transfer switch. The big issue with military generators for emergency standby use is most do not have electronic governors to compensate for load changes. You have to go outside and manually adjust the frequency to keep it at 60Hz.

Later,
Joe
That's good to know, is there any way to retrofit them?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks