• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New toy Home not green but BIG

HASSON1911

Nice, a job I worked at had one like this, they said you have to be careful about your height of the augers, theirs ,if ran too low, would start to rip up the asphalt in the parking lot. haha, Have fun with your new toy.

skidunits4you

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got it for my town we have several roads that drift in bad. we figure blow it away it won't drift back for a while. It has been sitting for about 6 years,did some PM and drove her home. Top speed 23 MPH. 325 CAT under the front hood 850 V12 Cat under the back hood. doing PM to blower motor this week then we will start it up and see what happens. Also it looks big and it is 10'6" wide about 6 feet tall .

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awesome piece of equipment. I wonder why they felt desert tan was a good option for a truck to be used in the snow?
I believe that is "Oshkosh plow" yellow. Most of the plow/blower trucks were that color, from what I have seen.

skidunits4you

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have seen a few in camo A town about 15 miles away just got a plow truck that is camo, This one is faded yellow. Yes straight stack on front motor right through the hood, good ear muffs with plugs inside required.

M920

Nice find!! I own one of these myself and have worked it for many years up here in Chama NM. (7860ft above sea level)

I don't have a manual either, but in my opinion it would not do you all that much good anyway, because they all have been rebuilt/modified in different ways since 1945!
These trucks are pretty straight forward though and not to hard to work on. There are a few tricks (like the blower clutch adustment) that I've learned over the years, so if you need any help, please don't hesitate to ask.

Keep us posted and keep sending pics if you can!

Here are a couple of "action pics" of our unit, plowing snow to open up the C&TS Railroad in the spring of 2008.

Btw....This plow is rated at 3000 tons of snow removal an hour!!!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks