• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New toy Home not green but BIG

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Incredable blower I would be willing to be that engine on the rear has an extremely voracious appetite for fuel when its working!!!
KK

JimM37

Drove new toy home this week looking for manuals for Oshgosh WT2206 with Blower reman in 1982
Nice 2206 Bro, it's gonna love the fuel pump I Garonteee!!!!
Give Clarence Jungwirth at Oshkosh a call he'll set you up with the manuals (not cheap) his number is 920-235-9151 Ext 22-311. make sure you give him the data off the tag on the drivers side door. That is a Sicard BX blower and a car eater so be careful. You should be able to get engine parts for the D-348 engine in the back but all the military engines have different part numbers, so call your Cat dealer and tell him you have a military engine spec. You'll need the arrangement off the side of the engine block should be a tag by the starters some where. If not on the lower block on the other side. Enjoy.
Jim

Attachments

M920

The one I have was built in 1974 and Oshgosh remain in 1984 as per the door plates on the drivers side
Yes mine says that to, but Clarence Jungwirth @ Oshkosh looked up the real DoM by the frame numbers. He said that the military (Airforce) bought most of them in 1945! Then they got re-powered and overhauled multiple times.
When they re-powered them, Oshkosh gave them a new manufacturing date, apparently they felt it was enough of a change....:cool:

JimM37

Yes mine says that to, but Clarence Jungwirth @ Oshkosh looked up the real DoM by the frame numbers. He said that the military (Airforce) bought most of them in 1945! Then they got re-powered and overhauled multiple times.
When they re-powered them, Oshkosh gave them a new manufacturing date, apparently they felt it was enough of a change....:cool:
Isn't yours a w-712? not a WT-2206.

M920

Well.... at least I know now who to call, if I run in to trouble with mine! :-D

Thanks for all the good info!

Soni

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks