• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New toy

Rmtaunton

VEry very nice ! And just out of curiosity why is it that half of the m37 I see look like they hit a pole in the middle of the bumper , just looked at two others and both were like that. But congrats I am green with envy

61sleepercab

Neat find of some old iron. I figure it will be lots of fun between gas stations. Our VFD had a M37 and got a lot of good out of it if you are not in a hurry and do not mind the iffy narrow brakes. Mark

gunter635

Don't know why the bumper looks like that. All I know is that I would not have wanted to be in it when it hit. Had it running within an hour of getting it off the trailer. So far the plans are to pressure wash it down, then decide what color to paint it. Til then, enjoy as is, then restore and have fun along the way.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
VEry very nice ! And just out of curiosity why is it that half of the m37 I see look like they hit a pole in the middle of the bumper , just looked at two others and both were like that. But congrats I am green with envy
When the brakes go out it's best to hit a tree/pole dead center...if ya hit too close to either side ya might slide around and flip!!:naner:

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks just like mine. I can get some pictures of exhaust on mine this weekend and send them to you.

cobra5

I was at the Mid-Ohio Military Vehicle Show and swap meet this past weekend looking for parts. Found a few good things. It's all about the hunt, too.
You can join the G741.org site and register your vehicle there. The group is strictly M37's and there are plenty of knowledgeable folks there as well. If your looking for parts I'm sure you'll find someone there that has what you need.

gunter635

Time to update; bought an exhaust from Midwest and got that put on. Sounds great. Had to change the fuel filter. The one I had was not working very well. I got one of those small glass filters with the replaceable elements. Just picked up a oem gas tank with sending unit and pickup. Can't wait to put that in. Working on cleaning out the garage so I can get it in for the winter. Also bought some M35a1 tail lights. Got them wired up and they word great. I like the size of them. Easy to see from behind. Know what I mean, slow truck, country roads and impaient drivers. That's all so far. Coming along nicely.