• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New track tool....

M920

Just hit the door today. Did not realize how big and heavy this thing is...!!! Think I can use this for the FV432 and the price was under $60.00. Believe it was for the heavier tanks and such....WW2 & Korea...? Somebody check out the numbers...?

I have two of those myself, they work great on the FV432 after a little modification to the fingers. I had to get two of them though, to make it work good you need one for each side of the track....:D

Soni

L999here

...getting another..

Thank you for the heads up...I'll try to get another one. Guy in OH apparently has several of them. Anyone have an idea as to what specific vehicle/s these were designed for....?

shootER

Anyone have an idea as to what specific vehicle/s these were designed for....?

It looks an awful lot like the track jacks we used on M60A3s and M1IPs. It wouldn't surprise me if the design went all the way back to the M26.

And you do need two of them to break or reconnect track.

3cavtanker

According to FEDLOG Nov 2010, those are track connecting devices for an M-60 series AVLB (Bridge Layer). I thought I recognized the dang things. They should work well for almost any type of track, but it would be best to have two (Much safer).

3cavtanker

True, but different track designs use different types of "track jacks". That particular part number is for an AVLB / M-60. Ones for an M1 series have different shaped hooks. Ones for M113 and M2/M3 have a different design entirely.

L999here

...same guy...

Yep....same place,same guy. There are a couple being sold on ebay. Got my two,so just thought I'd mention that for anyone who wanted to get a couple for themselves. Might want to speak with Robert at Sam Winer Motor's...(330) 628-4881. He is doing the sales on ebay for them and takes the order and your CC #. No problems...

L999here

...nope...

MGD....don't waste your money....!!! These tools are for the steel-tracked vehicles like my FV432 (avatar) and M60 tanks. The halftracks have rubber tracks that are one-piece...like a large rubber band. They are constructed with steel cord and such,but once they break...they must be replaced entirely. I do not think they can be repaired at all...but then I'm a novice and there may be a way to make a repair in the field. Somebody else may have a thought or two on this...chime in here,guys....

MGD

Len
Thanks for saving me money.I know there is one like this for the halftrack that Gary sells thought it might be the same.I dont know crap about these things other than there hard to move after 30 years in the same spot .I mean the halftrack itself not the jacks.I still dont have mine home been waiting on my buddy to help me and my backhoe has been sitting at the yard since early December.We're shooting for Friday if the weather cooperates.
Mike

wildcat81

Track Jack

That is for sure, the same track jack we used in Germany on the AVLB's. There is a spanner you can get with two sets of fingers and a spot for the fingers on that to go. But for the price, I would just buy another jack. It will save you alot of back breaking work trying to line up both sides of the track. Besides prying on the track tends to tear up the shoes.

dogkiller

I have several types of these they work great for all kinds of pulling, frame work ect, works great to pull conex boxes together for tight placement....

waayfast

Len
Thanks for saving me money.I know there is one like this for the halftrack that Gary sells thought it might be the same.I dont know crap about these things other than there hard to move after 30 years in the same spot .I mean the halftrack itself not the jacks.I still dont have mine home been waiting on my buddy to help me and my backhoe has been sitting at the yard since early December.We're shooting for Friday if the weather cooperates.
Mike

Do yourself a favor and spend the extra time digging out around the tracks so as to remove ANY resistance to rolling---mud stuck in between the tracks and road wheels,etc. If it has sat that long, it's probly sunk into the ground.And if the ground is frozen there like it is here (until late March:roll:)you may want to wait a while anyways.
These are one big rubber band and if you force things you may end up damaging or breaking it.These get hard and brittle with age--be gentle:lol:.

Just my two cents worth:)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks