• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New trailer added to my collection

Dead pilot

I just picked up a m1102 from a govplanet auction last week. Drove up to yermo today a picked it up and drove it back to fallbrook today. It drove back with no issues. From what I gathered from some paper work found it was in a roll over and then was sent to drmo I'm guessing. The frame and axle are good it looks like just some body damage. I can't complain for getting for under $700

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
By the time you fix it and the related cost involved, you could have just bought an undamaged one.

DeadParrot

Depending on what your plans are, that damage might not be a big thing. Doesn't look too bad in the picts. GL still had the contract when I got my 1101. At the time the price I paid(IIRC about $600 after premium) was higher then the average going price but the pickup point was Ft Sill, a short easy run from OKC. At the time gas was $3.50/gallon in OK and my truck gets 10mpg towing a trailer. A cheaper trailer 300+ miles away would likely have ended up costing more by the time I got it home. Plus the state had a sales tax exemption in place for purchases made on base and since that was where the GL pickup point was, the trailer was exempted from sales tax.

One possible good thing about a damaged trailer is it might free you from the 'Must keep it original' feeling a lot of us get.

Dead pilot

I'm planning on using for as a scrap hauler and throwing random crap to haul different places. So it being beat up doesn't bother me. I just am gonna push out that front corner out alittle and fix that marker light and take off those bow mounts and that's about it. So for what I'm using it for the price is great

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk