• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New trailer, new questions

SGTGunner

I made a trade and got this trailer. No data plates so I have no idea what I have and I'm hoping y'all can help.

The CUCV bed is bolted on with 4 bolts and will soon be chopped up and scrapped (it's in worse shape than it looks in pictures) , but the frame I plan to strip down, repaint, deck with steel plate and build rails to use as a general utility trailer. I would like to get rid of the split rims and use "average" trailer wheels/tires to lower it just a tad but mostly for ease of use, reliability and so I can have a matching spare. Since I don't know what trailer this is or anything about it can y'all tell me if this is doable or will I need to replace the axle?

SGTGunner

Yea sorry, couldn't post pictures from my phone then wasn't able to get logged into the site. Anyway I did some googling and decided it's a M101 and I'm SOL on an easy fix for "normal" wheels and tires. Going to have to replace the axle. This thread is now pointless, mods pleas delete it. Thanks

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a fyi if you do have the m101 with the old style dodge powerwagon 2 part wheels, what I did on some for resale is to mount a stock 16inch tire. The rims will take any 16inch tire but they do require a tube.

GoldnEagle has some original "super lug" traction tread 900x16 tires if you need new rubber.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks