• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New truck First mods

ranger1179

After reading a bunch of posts and gathering information about this (new to me) truck, I did my first mods to the truck.
1. Removed washer on transfer case linkage to keep front axle from engaging in low range automatically.
2. Removed muffler and installed strait pipe.
I took truck for test drive, loved the way it sounds now. Louder and great turbo sound. Also tried shifting into low range to make sure no front axle engagement light, works as advertised.
Thanks for all the great info on this site

ranger1179

That part I get, it already has led lights. Its the electric brakes, with backup breakaway battery and a controller I need to figure out.

JohnnyBM931A2

I have the older mushroom looking one. His is defiantly different
Yeah I have that one too.. Took a look at it earlier. Before I saw his pic for comparison I had no idea there were different versions. I'm sure I saw both versions when I was looking at trucks to buy back in July, but I wasn't paying enough attention to notice the difference.

Jason O

It's the same mushroom cap on both cargo's and tractors. The tractors have an extra screen that fits under the mushroom. Another member tought me that last yr.

Tornadogt

If you like what you have done so far, I got a few more for you....
Turn up the injection pump
Swap the air cleaner filter with one of the upgrade kits sold by Those Military Guys...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks