• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New turtle is home

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice truck! Where did they tap int the electrical system for the cig lighter? What's painted on the hood?

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hey those Santa Fe trucks are great arent they?, All 4 of mine made it home from there. what sale was this from? Congrats on the new Truck!!! Now we need to organize a New Mexico trailride!!!

Hey did Bruce (GL) let you pick it up on a Friday?

area52

Re: RE: New turtle is home

WillWagner said:
Nice truck! Where did they tap int the electrical system for the cig lighter? What's painted on the hood?
The tap for the lighter is off one of the batteries, runs up under the body through the sidewall by the passengers foot and under the dash.

I will get a better pic of the hood, it looks like a horse head blowing steam/smoke?

area52

Well, I finally got it started last night.

How did I drive it home you ask? The very helpful GL rep at the base had already told me that the batteries were bad and he had jumped started it with a slave cable.

When I picked it up, he had it running when I got there, so I just never shut it off till I got home( 5 hours later!!)

Got home and tested the batteries. One held a charge and the other was not taking a charge (liquid level good). Went to Wally world, got a battery and VROOM! It lives again!! :D Now just got to make some hold downs for the smaller battery.

area52

Re: RE: New turtle is home

FMJ said:
Hey those Santa Fe trucks are great arent they?, All 4 of mine made it home from there. what sale was this from? Congrats on the new Truck!!! Now we need to organize a New Mexico trailride!!!

Hey did Bruce (GL) let you pick it up on a Friday?
Ed,

No it was a Tuesday when I picked it up. Bruce was very helpful, started it up and told me what issues he knew about it. He gets a two thumbs up from me!! [thumbzup] [thumbzup]

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Re: RE: New turtle is home

He's a great guy to work with, really goes the extra mile to help out. I don't know if I'd want him starting my truck before I got a chance to check fluids, and squirt some alcohol and marvel oil in the compressor though. Good Luck with the truck, I haven't found any major problems with the four I got out of there.

emr

RE: Re: RE: New turtle is home

:D Turtle...Me and my son once thought it would also be cool to paint a turtle on the door... small, but gets the point accross. Love the Truck!!!...Randy