• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New video - M925A1 at Sand Lake Recreation area NW Oregon

Truckoholic

So this weekend, I joined the crowds of off road enthusiasts that swarm Sand Lake Recreation area here in North Western Oregon on every big holiday. I had been dying to get another M925A1, and what better time to take it someplace like that, than when it is crowded and there are lots of people to see your truck? Ha ha [thumbzup]

And sure enough, there were all kinds of people taking pictures, and even lining up their quads in front of it for pictures and things. I was the only military truck truck until a tan and black M923 showed up today.

When I first got there, my tires were around 60-70psi, and the thing was basically worthless. Once I dropped the tires to 20psi, it was like a whole different animal! I was able to go all over the place then.

I had my bed set up in the back, as well as food and my laptop and some movies. And I brought my Yamaha Rhino in my M105A2, so I switched back and forth between driving the truck around, and the Rhino. Then I'd climb in back, and lay in bed and watch a movie and go to sleep. Pretty fun! Just wish I had a family to have shared the fun with. It was aweful lonely just me and the dog. But oh well. We still had fun.

This is the truck that I just bought a few weeks ago in non running condition with a destroyed piston and cylinder liner. I worked fast to get it all fixed and ready for this trip this weekend. And it performed great! Ran and drove just like it should! Now I've got to hurry up and get that nasty salt water and sand off the poor thing!

But yeah, I brought my GoPro camera, and my nice Canon SLR, so here is a little video and some cool pictures I got.

https://youtu.be/GDIqx8JRJG4

Last edited:

Truckoholic

That looks like it was really fun. The video has some cool shots in it! Was the GoPro easy to mount on the truck to get the above the cab shot or the rear tire shot?
I've got one of these mounts for my GoPro
gopro-ride-hero-mounting-clamp.jpg
which isn't the best, and doesn't offer a whole lot of mounting and aiming options, but it gave me what I needed to clamp it to the top of my flag pole, and the the ends of suspension bolts and things to get the different views.

lindsey97

Thanks for the video. I really enjoyed that. Someday I want to go to Little Sahara in OK and try out my M923A1. If you have more pics of the m105 with Rzr please post them as I am interested in seeing how well its fits.

Did you run 20 psi in all six tires, or just the rear 4? Be sure and wash that truck well as that is too nice of a ride to leave saltwater on the undercarriage.

Truckoholic

Thanks for the video. I really enjoyed that. Someday I want to go to Little Sahara in OK and try out my M923A1. If you have more pics of the m105 with Rzr please post them as I am interested in seeing how well its fits.

Did you run 20 psi in all six tires, or just the rear 4? Be sure and wash that truck well as that is too nice of a ride to leave saltwater on the undercarriage.
IMG_3701.JPGtrailer.jpg FullSizeRender(2).jpg

Those are the best pics I have so far. The thing just BARELY fits between the wheel wells. And I mean BARELY. ha ha In fact it took me a few tries to get lined up right where both tires went between the wheel wells, and not one or the other trying to go up over. This is a 2006 I believe, Yamaha Rhino. I think it has a little narrower wheel stance than a lot of the RZRs to. I'm not sure. So don't know if an actual RZR would fit in there or not. This one definitely fits front to back. And the deck height of the trailer is quite manageable as far as the ramps go. Not too steep at all. Especially not after getting used to riding this thing up into the bed of my big lifted F350 pickup that was quite a bit higher.

As for tire pressure, I did run 20psi in all 6 tires. The drive tires could have used less than that, as at 20 they were still pretty rigid and not really laying any more rubber on the sand. I was too afraid to let the front tires any lower than that. Didn't want to take a sharp turn, and break the bead.

EDIT: I meant to say too, that I used to have an M101 that I loved for hauling my quad around in.......but its wheel wells were too close together. So I had to modify them and make more room so the quad would fit. The M101 made an awesome little quad trailer once I did that to it. Hate that I sold that trailer. I drive a Suburban again and sold my pickup, so now I'm back to needing trailers to haul my ATV around.

Last edited: