• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New video of one of my Deuce's and it's tire chains in the snow

Truckoholic

We had some new snow fall the other night, so I decided to assemble a full set of chains for one of my M35A2's out of a whole bunch of truck tire chains I had sitting around. Had to cut about a foot off of each chain. But I now have a full set of chains. Been wanting to do it for a while now just so I'd at least have them. So I had to go try them out yesterday and see how they worked, and decided to get some video while I was at it.

Someone needs to fix my grammatical error in the title! "It's" driving me nuts now that I spotted it! ha ha

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ht9UHUOc-c[/media]

Last edited:

Truckoholic

Prett:jumpin:y country where you live. Where is Quincy located?

Right about there. Up in the Sierra Nevada Mountains.
quincy1.jpg

Yeah, I really like it around here...........in the Summer time. It is so cold and snowy for so much of the year, and I hate snow and cold weather with a bloody passion! Yet I still live here. ha ha. Forest service roads leave right from the edge of our property, so I have hundreds of miles of dirt roads I can drive on, and ride my dirt bike or quad on without ever having to drive on any public roads to get there. So it is awesome for when I am working on a new truck that I don't have registered and insured yet but need to drive. Very small town. No WalMart. Taco Bell is our ONLY fast food place. Takes an our and a half to drive to the nearest big town with WalMart and other things. So we are pretty secluded in the hills up here. So it definitely has it's benefits, and its downfalls.

Last edited:

Truckoholic

Did you have to engage the front axle? or did it get around without?
I'm sure with the chains on there, it would have done everything I did in this video without the front axle engaged. But I just had it engaged the whole time. Meant to try it without, but never did. I normally drive it without the front axle engaged. But for this little adventure, I just left it in.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the vids you can sure hear the difference between a C and a D turbo, I still like the sound of the C!!!
KK

Truckoholic

Thanks for the vids you can sure hear the difference between a C and a D turbo, I still like the sound of the C!!!
KK

Yeah, I am glad I have one of each so I can appreciate the difference. But yeah, I personally think the C turbo multi fuel is the best sounding diesel engine ever! I have owned many different diesel engines, and I just can't get enough of the C turbo sound! Turbo whistle is awesome!

Truckoholic

Secluded is good! The less people around the better I like it.
It is great until I am trying to sell something, like one of my big trucks or trailers, and no one wants to come clear up here into the mountains to see it and test drive it, and therefore they are not willing to pay me what it is actually worth. So that sucks. I get screwed trying to sell stuff like that all the time simply because of my location.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well not screwed, but that is where you pay the price to live in such a beautiful place. If there is any way to make a living and still be there, then to me it would be well worth it.

Loved your videos, very nicely done. Would like to know more about how you did them.

Great vids and I have to agree with the others when I say that is some pretty country! I'd love to spend some time up there listening to the music of nature. Now is it just me, or does that whistler in the first video sound almost non-existant untill near the end when it gets louder and clearer? Maybe one of the more experienced ears can answer this, does that mean that turbo is due for a rebuild? Anyone? :driver:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I don't think I could live in that rural of an area but holy moly, it is so gorgeous.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks