• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Washington State

Chuckh55

I've been looking at M1009s and ever time you Google you usually end up at SS. So to cut out the middle man I decided to join and just come to the source. I recall my Department purchased a M1008 for use, then they got money and surplussed it. I'm trying to work my way through old posts to see if I can find answers to my questions and still looking around a M1009. I think I will stick with the 24/12 v system and while I want to upgrade a few things I would like to keep whatever I get pretty basic. Tired aua of not being able to work on vehicles anymore with a computer present. Already learned a lot here, still reading before I start asking questions.

Chuck,
KD7MHG
The older I get, the better I was...

hwcurtice

You're gonna have to change your location. Site requirement. The US is a rather big place.

Other than that, welcome aboard. Be sure to check out the PNW thread for local events and fun stuff too.

srodocker

Welcome aboard. We are having a lunch at the lakewood town center red robin today at 11 if you would like to join! And also third weekend in July we are having a camp/rally down in Napavine!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Oklahoma.

Many members in WA. Quite a few from the Seattle area. JBLM has CUCVs come up for sale every once in awhile.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site and the green iron addiction.

Where in Washington state are you? It's a fairly big state.

Storm 51

Chuckh55

I was expecting to gain some information on the site, but a little overwhelmed with the PNW response, nice! I live in Newcastle, looking for a piece of property somewhere in the state with fewer neighbors and less traffic, maybe with a few more sheepdogs around. I have worked with the gents down at Ft Lewis, they helped me equip a tactical team. Seems scrounging is a dying art, so the administration needed something they sent me, just being an NCO. We got a M1008 through one of the programs and used it mostly to help in rescuing folks from homes in floods. Thanks again for the welcome.