• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Washingtonian Member :)

Loco_Hosa

wsucougarx said:
From what I remember there is like one universal key. Some of the guys who own these can answer this better than I can. I really can't tell you what they go for. But just keep in mind that GL has a 15 minute rule. If an auction is suppose to end at 3:00 and some bids right at 2:59. The auction will then end at 3:14 and so on until everyone stops bidding. So when you bid just don't walk away thinking you've won.
That is an awesome rule!

I just posted up that I am looking for someone else that is interested in buying something down there, that way I could bring both home, one of them is bound to make it, right?

Im also sure that Im just worrying too much, and it will all be totally fine, and it will drive like a dream....

Tripple A would suck ass if I did break down....

Irv

Hi. If I were you, I'd just look for a civvy 4x4 pickup, a small one at that. Doesn't sound like you have OD fever. Yet. :) Paint it OD if you like that motif. The mil pickups are essentially civilian trucks painted green, anyway. There are other mods, but nothing directly applicable to pizza delivery.

Loco_Hosa

Irv said:
Hi. If I were you, I'd just look for a civvy 4x4 pickup, a small one at that. Doesn't sound like you have OD fever. Yet. :) Paint it OD if you like that motif. The mil pickups are essentially civilian trucks painted green, anyway. There are other mods, but nothing directly applicable to pizza delivery.
The thing I like is the diesel engine, better fuel economy, and the possibility of bio diesel.

Im still exploring options :)

2deuce

If you want a military vehicle for delivering pizzas, the M1009 blazer is a much better choice than the M1008 or M1028 pickups. They get better mpg, better on tires, turn shorter etc. but don't plan on towing one with the other. I highly recommend against it. Also don't count on it being in running condition from GL. I always plan on towing it home. You don't want to get to know your new truck on the side of the road.

Good luck,
Greg

Loco_Hosa

2deuce said:
If you want a military vehicle for delivering pizzas, the M1009 blazer is a much better choice than the M1008 or M1028 pickups. They get better mpg, better on tires, turn shorter etc. but don't plan on towing one with the other. I highly recommend against it. Also don't count on it being in running condition from GL. I always plan on towing it home. You don't want to get to know your new truck on the side of the road.

Good luck,
Greg
Well, I was already thinking maybe I need to just wait for one locally, and now that you tell me the blazer is a better choice (I really like them better) I think I have outright decided to hold off on buying anything.

All the M1009s are clear across the country, so I had decided to settle for an M1008 to get my camaro out of harms way, but after some of the comments made in the this thread and also some PMs I have received, Im just going to wait. Get the right truck the first time....

Hell, me wanting a K5 is what led me to the Gov liquidations site anyway :)

ssgtwright-usmc

Look, most of us bid on the blind side.
Meaning, if the GL reads (RUNS) we know the engine is running with a jump if needed.
Need to take a chance and have a buddy go with you in case of a tow back home.
The CUCVs are not going to be on GL for too much longer so if you can get one that says run, under 60,000 miles for $1000 then you got something to work with.
If you are looking for a GL warrenty, thats something you will never get.
If I was you, I would look for a GL CUCV of any type that sounds good and bid on it.
You might win at $500 or maybe $1500.
Have a friend who has a pick-up truck, you borrow it and have enough money to rent a (U-Hual) tow dolly.
If you want something bad enough you will go for it.
You talked about driving to get it if you won so why not drive in a friends pick-up and have enough money for a U-Haul dolly just in case.

Loco_Hosa

Im going to keep saving my money, and watch out for road dangers to my camaro in the mean time. Hopefully, an M1009 will pop up in Washington, if not, I will get it from the east coast when I have the money to do it right, and I can afford the back up plans.

Your advice will be VERY helpful when I am ready to do this. Just seems like there is too many forces working against me this month, and next month maybe I will have more luck.

If I dont have more luck, then hopefully I will have more money :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks