• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Weather Stripping and Window Track Felt!

Croatan_Kid

I just got done putting all my new stuff on/in a little while ago. Went on JC Whitney's website and ordered a full window and door kit for both sides, total was a hair less than 160 with shipping! LMC Truck wanted twice that!!!

Anyway, very nice fit and finish. Better than stock in some aspects and very easy to install. If you've been thinking about doing this, go ahead and do it. You'll be glad you did!

Oh, just be prepared to have some kinda spray lube so you can slide the window felt in easier.

86M10086.2L

I know most shops that I have talked to or delt with advise to leave the vent windows alone provided there is no leak issues. Many times the new seals wont fit properly and it can be areal hassle to change them. If I remember correctly the M1008 that Petersons Off road/ 4 Wheeler was building had changed one side vent window, and after going through the procces to change that side they deceided to leave the other side alone. I've done them on other cars, don't know what the big deal is, but just thought I'd throw that out there.

Croatan_Kid

Heck no, I left the vent windows alone! They work just fine and don't leak at all..or at least not enough to hear over the sound of the motor and my tires :D

Pics will come later...

JC Whitney Item Number: ZX506981U ($149.99)

Also, I found that if you Google/Yahoo JC Whitney coupons of something of that nature, you can find places online that list promotional codes. I got Free Shipping and 10% off, then I upgraded to a faster shipping so it was here in two days and it only cost 5 bucks!

Croatan_Kid

Lemme know if you want some help Mike, I can always ride down and lend a hand. Besides, I still gotta check out your M1009 and you said you wanted to drool over my truck....

or something like that :D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks