• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Wheel Cylinder Issues

CMPPhil

There is a service in ontario that will machine your cylinders and press in a brass sleve. Use silicone brake fluid , lube up all your seals with sil-glide or equivalent silicone rubber grease prior assembly and never worry again. Oh and a touch of copper anti sieze on the EXTERNAL threads of your bleeder screws.
Hi

Agree with Duuane, have the cylinders sleeved, this is the route I've taken with all three of my CMPs, first of the trucks got this treatment 30+ years ago and the newest is 12 years ago. Since the none (repeat none) of the trucks have needed to have a wheel or master cylinder replaced. Still using Dot 3 and the only brake work has been to replace all the rubber parts, and flush the system every 7-10 years just as a precaution. No honing of the cylinder has been been necessary. So it is a once and done repair. I happened to use White Post Restoration for all of my work.

Cheers Phil

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
TM 9-2320-209-20P
There exists at the present time what looks like a deal to me.
Military Brake Wheel Cylinder 7411010 for M44 M49 M35 2 1/2 Ton
NSN: 2530-00-274-4511
PN: 7411010 complete with all fittings
Made in USA
Now at $13.18 total delivered each new
That seems like a really good price
Maybe I should get one and take it apart and photograph it
Getting a little confused about springs and cups and followers.

I know I saw a really good spring explanation on here someplace but can't now find it. Yes I been searching, Anyone seen that, and can send a link?
Probably in another foruem.
I go see the stickies now where the heck are they.................
Could have been Clinto or G ................................

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks