• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New wheel cylinder question

ncreb

I am new to this M37, but have already gathered from reading the posts here that their brakes are nearly always questionable.

I have acquired a full set of wheel cylinders, manufactured by Newstar. I have already pulled the old crusty ones off of the truck.

What I failed to notice was that the cylinders are larger on one end than the other. I understand that one set is right side and one set is left side.

I know that this is the easy way out and that I could/should go look it up for myself, but figured I'd ask here first.

Which side faces forward? The 1 1/4inch cup or the 1 3/8 cup.

My students and I have been working very hard to get this truck, mechanically sound in order to drive it in a parade next weekend, as a "work in progress".

A lot of what we are doing cosmetically is "Window dressing", but this prade is a goal that we set for ourselves and this new toy.

Wish us luck!

ncreb

Thanks fellas!

I'll have them on tomorrow! I have alredy rebuilt the master cylinder. I am hoping that this fixes my problems....at least until I decide whether or not to do the disc brake upgrade.

Buz

The brakes on these trucks are fine with the original drivetrain. Just be sure to adjust them as shown in the maintenance manual and don't skip using the feeler gauge.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks