• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New wheel design

gungearz

Those things would definitely suck in the winter time in snow and ice. Its a very good design for missions but I don't know if they would be good for anything else but pavement. I'm sure they'll do light offroading.

lemonsbw

Michelin is the one making them. I contacted them the other day and inquired if they were interested in a real world test. They told me that they haven't been able to get them to reliably work on a vehicle for an extended period of time. I'm thinking that they just blew me off. Worth a shot!

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can only imagine what would happen if all those cavities filled up with mud......and then were allowed to harden!

Augi

This has been around for years and went nowhere. Production units were supposed to have a soft sidewall to keep the honeycomb from filling up with crap.

spicergear

Just saw a telehandler with those tires of that nature (more skid steer design then honeycomb) earlier this week. That whole airless tire fad dealie is going to keep coming.

jw4x4

When they fill up with mud, they look like a play-doh factory when they roll. Makes me laugh every time. Fairly popular setup seen on skid steers at many jobsites. We had them on the front of a backhoe for awhile, but I talked the owner into getting rid of them because they were much shorter than the orig tires (hoe was 4x4) and I was concerned about transfer case damage when used on hard surfaces.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks