• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Wheels and Tires

FKAM

For maintaining a look close to OE, those look really good. I've been looking for quite a while for something that looked close like that. Didn't occur to me to just add bolts to replicate the look. Glad you posed this. How did you mount the bolts into the holes of the wheel, I'm assuming washers/fender washers and something to keep the bolt centered?

cole6700

Give up the source, I think everyone would like more details on how to find them. I know I am
Gladly.

Looks like the tires went up about $15 each since I bought them a few weeks ago.

You’ll need 112 washers and the bolts and nuts from your stock hmmwv rims. Unfortunately the Raceline wheels have 14 holes so you’ll need to take apart five 12-bolt wheels. It’s very time consuming to get all of the bolts cleaned up and the nuts rethreaded but it’s the most economical way. You could just buy new bolts and nuts, but that’s not how I roll (pun intended).

As far as the washers go, I used 1-3/4” o.d., 5/8” i.d. zinc coated flat washers, spray painted black. Ideally, I would have liked to use washers with a black finish and a 1/2” inside diameter but again, I was trying to save a few bucks.

I worked out a insanely stupid way to get everything centered so I’ll leave that part out for now as I’m certain there are better ways.

I searched high and low for 17” rims that resembled the originals and this is the closest thing I could come up with. Got very close to getting the Black Rhinos but I’m glad I went this route instead.

Godspeed131

Steel Soldiers Supporter
@cole6700, how is this setup holding up. Are ya overall pleased with the treadwear and ride quality, lol well as much as it can be in these things, after a years worth of them being installed. I’m asking cause I think this is the route I’m going.

cole6700

@cole6700, how is this setup holding up. Are ya overall pleased with the treadwear and ride quality, lol well as much as it can be in these things, after a years worth of them being installed. I’m asking cause I think this is the route I’m going.
Zero complaints. Ride quality is great. I’ve only put a couple thousand miles on them though, so not much tread wear. Been happy with them off road too, huge improvement over the old MTs they replaced. For the price, they can’t be beat.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks