• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New whistler turbo?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Another thread had some info on the C and D block differences and among other things the D block has an updated headgasket that has two tabs that stick out a bit between the two heads visible from the outside. My block doesn't look like it has them so I am determining it is a C block. The block data plate is intact and mostly legible, where does it have a designation between C and D?
While this is a little O.T. The "tab" head gaskets are the old style.

HASSON1911

I know this is a dead thread but maybe a new posts will help it out. On my M342a2 I got my truck running strong yesterday, but my whistler doesn't whistle at all. I am 100% sure that it is in fact a c turbo after measurements and pictures. So does anyone know why this whistler wouldn't want to whistle? After running it and building oil pressure I didn't lose any pressure or burn any oil, that a faulty turbo would do. Also, the engine purred like a cat. Sounded normal all except that turbo not whistling.

HASSON1911

Caliber, I think I will try that next time I go home. Oh and dave by "purr" I mean scream and by "like a cat" I mean banshee. Jut like how they normally sound

AceHigh

I found out my whistler is doing just fine. I stopped in at Little Caesars pizza, parked about 35 feet from the drive thru window and left her running. While at the counter the drive thru girl took her headset off and called to the manager that there was something wrong with the wireless intercom. Said it was a loud squeal. Manager said someone parked a big truck and it was interferring...

I got my order and quickly trotted out.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A C turbo won't make any noise at all if it is not spinning. I started my truck last week and the turbo was as quiet as a D for about 5 minutes then it started whistling nicely. You could have a bad turbo.

I only keep a C around to irritate Gimpy, he hates them.

:)

HASSON1911

I talked to my dad today and he took off the intake pipe. One internet cookie for caliber. The old oil apparently set-up in there causing it not to spin little WD-40 and she is whistling better than ever. Thank you. And dave that one went right over my head but makes sense now. haha :beer:

jasonn

Just a thought but your exhaust pipe may be corroded enough inside that it is interfering with the sound it would only take a min to unhook it and look in with a flash light.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks