• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Winch Cable Needed

camotruck67

Where is a good place to buy a new winch cable? What is the proper cable to get?

I had to get towed and the tow truck driver engaged my winch. When the shop got my duece running again the winch started when they started the engine.:evil: I wasn't there when they got it started. I think the shear pin worked as designed but not before the cable wrapped around the housing. I'm finally getting around to repairing it.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Scroll to the bottom of this page and look at the other similar threads.

A good search might find the info also. I know it has been covered pretty well.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You should always leave the winch lever (on the winch) disengaged and the drum lock in when the winch is not in use. That way if somebody accidentally knocks the PTO lever in gear the winch won't start pulling in cable.

I believe I'd talk to the shop about replacing you cable. They are the ones that screwed it up and if they didn't know what they were doing they should have left it alone.

camotruck67

m16ty,

You're right, I'll do that from now on, but the tow company wasn't the same place as the repair facility. Even after the tow guy got the driveshaft removed so that he could tow my truck he only charged me $120. I guess you get what you pay for. It was a long day far from home.

Thanks for your reply.