• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New windows for the M109. NICE!

sarge_3ad

I felt that my van body windows in my M109 camper project have seen their better days, so I started looking around. We have a small camper factory in a near by town, so I gave them a call and talked to the owner. They also build Auctioneer Booths that fit onto the back of pickup trucks and he told me that they have a Amish guy custom build the windows for them. So I got this Amish guys contact info and met up with him. I had him build me 7 windows for my M109.

I went down to pick them up today and hurried home to get one installed for pictures. These neat little sliding windows come apart very easy for cleaning. He uses a very sturdy aluminum frame and safety glass. He also added a small screen to keep out insects and window stops. I couldn't be happier!

I was hoping to keep the original outer frames on the truck so I could use the black out panels, but I'm not for sure if that will work or not. I will find out tommorrow. Check out the photos and tell me what you think.

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I am interested too since some of the windows on my 109 have seen their better days.
They might also work as an addition to the big electronics vans that have no windows (but need them if adapted for a hooch).
If you can get them at a good price you could prob make some coin selling them to fellow members. How long does it take to get them once you put in the order?

peashooter

Bump on this thread for Archmark. Looks like the OP hasn't been on since 2011. Did anyone else ever get the contact info of the window man (not sure how you contact an amish guy?)

daltonshill

Hello to all! I am also looking to replace windows in a M109 I am hoping to restore. Would love to go back with something original but really just want windows! Am kinda on the fence about whether to try to restore or sell. Anyway, would love any info on windows so see if it is something I could afford or to help me decide to keep or sell. Thanks in advance! Located in the panhandle area of Florida.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks