• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new wiper motors no workie

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Am I missing something?

I got a pair of brand new, plastic wiper motors from TNJMurray but neither one works.

One I got the red button out but it only goes one direction.

the other one I cannot get the button out but doesn't do anything except leak air out the rectangular plastic cover which exposes the drive gear.

I've got one old wiper motor that works like a champ so I know it's not the air supply. I put a drop or two of air tool oil into each one but still not go.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where does one get metal ones? Mike, oil the pee pee out of them and they'll work. Careful, the plastic triangle lookin' levers break easy!

MVtrucker

Four out of five plastic motors I bought didn't work. The fifth one quit within minutes of installation!
I have two NEW METAL WIPER MOTORS @ $45.00 ea. plus UPS. Well below list price!
E-mail me if interested
joeyounginc@aol.com Please, no PMs. Thanks,

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was shown the metal ones when I was at Clarke Truck Parts a couple years ago. They explained why they were better, can't remember now but it made sense at the time. About the triangular lever breaking off of the plastic motors, don't worry about that, if you grip the broken shard hard enough for the jagged edges to dig slightly into your flesh, you can get a good enough grip on it to turn it OK.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: new wiper motors no workie

Well the 120 PSI trick worked on one of them. The other one actuates back and forth quickly in one little spot.
I may still buy the metal ones.

WillWagner said:
Where does one get metal ones? Mike, oil the pee pee out of them and they'll work. Careful, the plastic triangle lookin' levers break easy!
Will,
Antelope valley has the metal ones. I'm pretty sure he gets $95.00 each.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Re: RE: new wiper motors no workie

gimpyrobb said:
If you neeed a larger sweep, there is an adjustable nut inside.
manually, it swings the correct distance. When air is applied, it actuates quickly back and forth in an area 1/4" - 1/2" wide.

MVtrucker

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: new wiper motors no workie

Maybe you guys missed my posting that I have two new metal wiper motors for sale @ $45.00 ea. plus UPS. These are half-priced because I'm just about sold out of parts and have been selling my storage containers. One left to empty, then I can go back to enjoying the mil-vehicle hobby.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: new wiper motors no workie

MVtrucker said:
Maybe you guys missed my posting that I have two new metal wiper motors for sale @ $45.00 ea. plus UPS. These are half-priced because I'm just about sold out of parts and have been selling my storage containers. One left to empty, then I can go back to enjoying the mil-vehicle hobby.
I emailed ya...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks