• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Wrecker

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've had it since August, but I finally made time to get it cleaned up from the trip home from Little Falls MN. BTW, I was supposed to drive it across the bridge that collpsed in Minneapolis the day after it collapsed. I was very lucky to avoid the tragedy.

XM816 is in great condition, I'll take a few more photos of it today, including inside the tool bins which came full of great stuff. Crane opperates great. I changed the oil and filters before I left MN so all should be good there. Paint is good, it was painted in 97.

Its wired for radio, all I need to do is attach the antenna to the pole on drivers side and slide my RT-524 into the base.

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is this the truck you were asking about hours and miles about? Sure looks nice!

pa.rich

Sorry, but I have to comment on those cactuses in the backround. Those are the finest I have ever seen. I havent been out to that area, and it looks great there. nice lookin truck too, but doesnt fit in well in that fancy neighborhood. Just kidding, dont take me seriously.Refreshing to see no snow, ice, road dirt from the anti skid, etc. A clean car next to the truck, i wonder what that is like? [thumbzup] No depression here! :cry:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know this is going to get me in trouble with my fellow christians but there is something about having a big green truck in your suburban driveway that offers the thought of flipping the finger to all the association commandos.

alphadeltaromeo

Looks great in the driveway don't it Kenny...perhaps just get a few blow up beach balls and mount them...with the crane up and...well anyway. Tisk tisk...lol

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Man that is A.F.R.

Guess the white truck pulled in next to you and the boom was still extended after lifting that civi vehicle out of the picture.LOl

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys, thanks for all the great comments. We moved into our house 11 years ago. We bought it new and were the first ones to move into the neighborhood. If I want to put a 34,000 pound Green truck in my driveway for few days, well, that's exactly what I'm gunna do. I take care of my nieghbors and nieghborhood and they take care of me. They all like the trucks - no complaints.

My wife and I have some property in eastern AZ and dream of moving there in the next few years. Then I can do whatever I want. I envy all you guys with the beautiful pictures of land and shops.

I worked all day packing boxes, so I'll post more pics of it tomorrow. It is a very cool truck. I took the picture of it next to the wife's Excursion to contrast the size.

I did some pretty thorough work on it before I left MN. It spent a week in the local diesel shop in Little Falls before I got up there. I had them go out to the base and tow it to their shop. So I was confident that it would make the trip, but ya never know what's going to happen out on the road.

It has 21,000 miles on the odometer.

ProJunkRacing

Desert Deuce said:
Hey guys, thanks for all the great comments. We moved into our house 11 years ago. We bought it new and were the first ones to move into the neighborhood. If I want to put a 34,000 pound Green truck in my driveway for few days, well, that's exactly what I'm gunna do. I take care of my nieghbors and nieghborhood and they take care of me. They all like the trucks - no complaints.

My wife and I have some property in eastern AZ and dream of moving there in the next few years. Then I can do whatever I want. I envy all you guys with the beautiful pictures of land and shops.

I worked all day packing boxes, so I'll post more pics of it tomorrow. It is a very cool truck. I took the picture of it next to the wife's Excursion to contrast the size.

I did some pretty thorough work on it before I left MN. It spent a week in the local diesel shop in Little Falls before I got up there. I had them go out to the base and tow it to their shop. So I was confident that it would make the trip, but ya never know what's going to happen out on the road.

It has 21,000 miles on the odometer.
So you live near little falls? My aunt and uncle live there.