• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Young Member and have many questions

rsh4364

Bigtard you do not want a 1009 or 1008,not yet anyways.Keep your 77 gasser and modify it as you have time and $.And learn about it.Cucvs do not roll coal or accelerate very well.After reading all your posts I estimate your age at 15-17 yrs. old.And its great having young guys and girls interested in mvs,I think you might be better off waiting a bit.Even with a turbo the 6.2s do not compare to the duramax or cummins.Cucvs are just slow and steady .And that's kinda why I love them.

Last edited:

dependable

Or this one I posted in an earlier thread; If I was going to go though the trouble of a major engine swap, I'd go for a 4bt or 6bt with two valves per cylinder. I'd stay away from anything that added computer chip management to my 30 year old truck. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

CUCVLOVER

Ok.
A 300 HP corvette cam and a 600 cfm edelbroc carb, that is how my dad built SBC's. You port and polish the heads and intake and you will get all the power you need.
I am sure edelbroc has a carb kit for that motor.
They will send you a catalog for free http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/misc/catalogs/request/index.php?sid=9&lang=en

Hope this helps somehow.

Also a cucv is very fun, they may be slow they my ride rough and rattle but they are like a big ugly pet you just have to love them.

Last edited:

bigtard10

5 ton Gun Truck questions

I have a few questions about building a 5 ton Gun Truck.
1. Any laws restricting GT's in AZ? I know AZ is more relaxed when it comes to gun control but I don't Know about big MG's.

2. Where would one acquire a .50 cal or something similar?

3. If I were t build one any hints or tips?

4. Finally, if I do build it, what should I name it?
thanks!

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Live .50's are going to set you back about $40K and up each. Simulator's run a good bit less. Aluminum 'dummy' Ma Deuces can be had for under $2k. What is your budget?

turnkey

Go movie props for a wide selection of different mounts and dummy rigs to use ...There is a large selections to pick from...fake is better than real as thee is no problems with this setup...cheaper too.

camoyj7

Attachments

wsucougarx

I second Bob Connor's M2HB replica. I've got one proudly displayed on my guntruck

Attachments

bigtard10

Many questions about 5 tons

For a long time now i have been dreaming of getting a 5 ton MV. I haven't yet do to shortage of funds so that has given me a lot of time to think about this very good or possibly bad decision. I would be purchasing a 5 ton through GP. Is the truck worth the hassle of buying, transporting, registering, and getting insured? and repairing it when it happens? Also, I have heard multiple different things about this, Do I need a Class C CDL to drive the truck? I heard you can just register it as a historical and its all good. And I know taking a CDL class would make driving the truck easier but I will be 17 until next July, and i have put off this dream too long. Thanks for all the help on my other posts!

tbar123

You want to have the funds to pay for it upfront,no borrowing. Plus in my experience you should have about 1k in the bank for when something breaks. I did not do this and trust me you really want to have the funds for a rainy day.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well first off read the stickies on cdl / insurance threads ( discussion of either is frowned upon here ) .
But your best bet is a CUCV as I doubt anyone will insure you for a deuce or 5 ton and if they do it will cost more than the truck . So you need to do your homework on cost related to your age . Then there is storage /parking is it allowed where you live or will have to store at storage facility ?

bigtard10

Well first off read the stickies on cdl / insurance threads ( discussion of either is frowned upon here ) .
But your best bet is a CUCV as I doubt anyone will insure you for a deuce or 5 ton and if they do it will cost more than the truck . So you need to do your homework on cost related to your age . Then there is storage /parking is it allowed where you live or will have to store at storage facility ?
I'm not entirely sure on the storage part, but we Aren't apart of HOA so I should be good there. and If I park it at my dads it should have better luck of no problems. (He is 25+ year member of police) if that doesn't work my Uncle owns a Diesel repair shop and he would be more than happy to keep it there for me.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And stop posting new threads on the same topics, I've merged or deleted a bunch of them for you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks