• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New2Me 1961 M37

Txsrooster

This might be a silly question...but just going by what the seller told me. He says there is a PTO in the truck but there currently is no winch. I know it is possible that the winch was removed, but lets say that is the case. What else could you use the PTO for? I haven't seen anything mentioned for other impliments....can I hook up my tractors brushhog? :)

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M37 beds are unique in the Dodge world, no civvy one will work.

One reason they are so pricey.

When it come stock PTO's, the usual one faces forward only. There are those for use in certain specialty trucks, and are virtually unobtainium.

Installing the stock Braden LU-4 winch is just nuts, bolts, and a bunch of parts like bumpers, frame extensions, drive shaft, PTO, and control linkage/lever. All M37's are the same as far as fitting all that in.

Last edited:

Txsrooster

M37 beds are unique in the Dodge world, no civvy one will work.

One reason they are so pricey.

When it come stock PTO's, the usual one faces forward only. There are those for use in certain specialty trucks, and are virtually unobtainium.

Installing the stock Braden LU-4 winch is just nuts, bolts, and a bunch of parts like bumpers, frame extensions, drive shaft, PTO, and control linkage/lever. All M37's are the same as far as fitting all that in.
Thanks for the info...I am sure it will all make since once it arrives. They are attempting today to recover the truck from the mountain, hopefully the ground has dried up enough to get the tow truck in there. Also tailgate update..I have managed to secure a tailgate and tool rack.

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bubba's been busy there. Nothing you can't rectify.

The top you have, or at least the bottom half, is part of the Artic Issue cold weather kit. Also came with a 'blanket' for the hood, and a Southwind gasoline heater.

It is all steel, double walled & insulated. Pricey, around $2K if found for the top alone.

Txsrooster

I did check behind the big ol steel bumper that is on the truck and it looks like they just drilled holes in the bumperettes and mounted the new bumper to them. The pintle hitch is also still there. So now need to look for some rear lights...after I get it running again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks