• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newb from Ga

eraser

New guy here from North Ga, was looking for a truck to tow my race car and test drove an m1009 and fell in love. I'll post some picks up when I get her cleaned up a bit ( my wife named it Bessy). I do have a question BTW every other one I have seen is an OD green or Nato Camo mine is black and I know it was not re-sprayed prior to my ownership ( I am the first owner other than the dealership who picked it up from GL) any idea why it would be black?

airmech3839

Welcome...good to see some more folks from GA!!!

If it was used by OPFOR then they would paint them to suit for training in the field...I have seen them white, pink or a faded red, and black....could have been a cadre or spec ops as well. They would dress them up to look like civi for field training at guard points and the like....we had a group of OPFOR come up to our gate with a white one and they were pretending to be locals in a third world that didnt want us there....or it could have been used by another branch of the gov... I could be wrong though..... Others will chime in if they have an idea....Maccus can run your vin and tell you what unit it is from...especially if you know which GL site it came from...search "VIN" and look for the thread.

Tracy

eraser

Thanks, I have been lurking here for about 2 months just kinda poking around and learning what I can before I buy.

twright

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where in north GA are you I live in Rockmart Ga that is north west close to Roam.And welcom a board.
AEC Retired Tony
2 M35A1
3 M35A2
1 M816
1 M561
1 M1031
1 M1008
1 M1009
5 M105A2
other green things

Heavysteven

Ha, Canton 15 mins up the road from me. I'm in kennesaw. You need to repaint CARC 3 color camo and go for a loop on riverside through the walmart then up to the rock barn.

pigfoot63

Hello, and welcome we can always use some more GA. boys. The reason maybe be for the black paint is that our shop painted a bunch of CUCV's black and use them like GSA vechicles.

eraser

Hello, and welcome we can always use some more GA. boys. The reason maybe be for the black paint is that our shop painted a bunch of CUCV's black and use them like GSA vechicles.
I am sorry I am not up on the military lingo what is GSA?

Also I met a guy a while back he was always at the auto zone buying parts in Woodstock ( this was 2 or 3 years prior), I can not remember his name but he had an M1009 that looked great it was done up with the full military garb. Loved the way his looked and it was kinda lead me to look into owning one for myself.

eraser

I may have to come out, defiantly could use some contacts in the MV community because I am lost when it comes to looking under the hood of this thing. I am used to Fuel injection, turbos and setting up race suspension.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

beanman1

welcome to the site as you can see my 1009 is black also boutght it from ft benning mine came with all the service records and in the records it states where and when it was used persian gulf spec ops if yall were wondering the trim rings came from oriellys auto parts not army surplus haha oh yeah welcome to the site i to live in ga jonesboro to be exact which is about 30 to 45min from you

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks