• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newb from Massachusetts

n1oty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wanted to say hello as I recently joined this site. I found SS while googling some information on military generators and I am deeply impressed. My immediate needs center on picking up a generator and possibly a trailer for it.

About me: I am an Army and Marine Corps veteran from the 70's and very early 80's. I am retired now from public safety (about 8 years on the LEO side and the remainder on the fire side). I have my own business servicing hot tubs and this keeps me busy.

I'll probably have some inquiries regarding MEP-002a's and 003a's, but have not exhausted looking at all the applicable threads yet.

I am into ham radio in a big way, so use my call sign as my user name here.

Thanks,
John

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi John, I am in your neck of the woods(Marion) for the next three weeks. Welcome to the site and enjoy the richness this site has for your generator and radio hobbies.

Rick

Vintage iron

Welcome abroad! What size generator are you looking for. I don't know NSN's. I know where there is one that came off a 5ton van body. It is in the Stoughton area.

WarrenD

Welcome to SS. There is an MV show (with flea market) at the Quonsett Air Museum on Sept 24/25 sposored by the RIMVCC. Looks like your not too far from there (closer than me, for sure!). Gilbert is coming up the following Fri/Sat and is one of the largest MV flea markets in the NE.

n1oty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi John, I am in your neck of the woods(Marion) for the next three weeks. Welcome to the site and enjoy the richness this site has for your generator and radio hobbies.

Rick
Thanks. I'm sure this rotten rain is spoiling your vacation. The weather should clear by Sunday.

John

n1oty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome abroad! What size generator are you looking for. I don't know NSN's. I know where there is one that came off a 5ton van body. It is in the Stoughton area.
I've been looking at acquiring either a 5kw or 10 kw diesel generator, since these units will do single phase power without modification. Thanks for the welcome.

John

n1oty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to SS. There is an MV show (with flea market) at the Quonsett Air Museum on Sept 24/25 sposored by the RIMVCC. Looks like your not too far from there (closer than me, for sure!). Gilbert is coming up the following Fri/Sat and is one of the largest MV flea markets in the NE.

Thanks for this info. I know where Quonset is located, but I am not familiar with the Gilbert flea market. I'll do a search here and on google.

John

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks