• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newb from TX

blazer85

Hey everyone! My name is Luke and I'm new to this site. Looks very interesting. I acquired an '85 M1008 a few months ago with the intention of doing a 1 ton swap on my Blazer, but everyone from my dad to my wife, including friends, want me to leave the truck as is, with a few mods such as suspension and what not. My wife wants it for a little mud runabout since the Blazer is the dedicated trail rig. Some input and advice would be greatly appreciated. The truck is pretty beat up, so full resto is out of the question. Also, I really don't know how much these trucks are worth. Some off road buddies told me it was worth more in pieces than whole. Again, great site, I'm honored to be a part of it!

IHASFIP

The front axle is worth alot to the rockcrawler guys. Kingpin Dana 60 with 4.56 gears, and the rear should be a 14 bolt full floater with a Detroit locker and 4.56 gears. We ran the axles out of a cucv in our rockcrawler for a few years. We paid 1600$ for the front and rear axles. Other wise, they just have an aluminum NP208 t-case ( I believe) which isn't the greatest for hardcore stuff. I would just keep the truck and enjoy it. Has alot of potential as is. It just depends on what you want to do with it. Good look and welcome to the site.

D

blazer85

Thanks for the welcome. Yeah, I keep leaning towards fixing it up a little. I've had tons of offers on it, but most of them are so low ball, I have to laugh at them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks