• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newb

jd350az

Sorry ahead of time:p

I am looking into a duece or similar truck to build into a heavy duty offroad RV or BOV. Was looking at the m109s but a cargo bed M35a would be cool too, and for quick and easy(ish) I could just slap a cabover camper or something on it for now. I'm reading through as many posts as I can find here and elsewhere on the web and one thing I haven't grasped fully yet is seeing differences in pictures. Do you know what this truck is?

Thanks for taking the time to help a newb:smile:

-JD

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
THREE threads, ALL THE SAME will not get anymore answers then one, the only thing it will do is get you is infractions, READ THE FORUM RULES

jd350az

Yeah sorry about that. Thought my computer was messing up because the thread wasn't showing up and there wasn't any error showing, would just refresh to the forum. I finally caught it on the third time something about needing moderator approval but it flashed on screen for a few seconds then refreshed the 5-ton forum.

So the Mack (M39a1) was only diesel, not multi fuel?

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Yeah sorry about that. Thought my computer was messing up because the thread wasn't showing up and there wasn't any error showing, would just refresh to the forum. I finally caught it on the third time something about needing moderator approval but it flashed on screen for a few seconds then refreshed the 5-ton forum.

So the Mack (M39a1) was only diesel, not multi fuel?
That is correct, the Mack motors are not multi fuel. You should ask the seller what it has under the hood to be sure.

jd350az

He's got the paperwork on it will find it and let me know tomorrow. I was just wondering if it worth it, I was kinda going for the M35a2 since they are more popular and seem to have more parts available. But that's also what I have been researching, heh.

Danger Ranger

Yes, find Olive Drab.com and look up the m39 series there. Or find it all on here. Mack made diesels, not multifuels. As a newb, you will have to search, read, read the rules, search, and read, and repeat. Its just how it goes. You will pick it up as you go, but the sad fact is that many of the same, easily found, questions are asked everyday, members lose interest in helping or answering. Its not personal, so please don't take it that way. Slow down, take your time, and you will come to find this is a great place, with many helpful members.
DR

I saw those trucks for sale on craigslist. Good luck on your camper. If i was you I would get different tires on the mack because those tires in the dirt have NO traction. I would personally get the mack due to it being harder to find and being bigger. I like bigger and better, then again i live near texas.:tank:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks