• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

newbe wants your thoughts.

JoeD

Hi guys, I have been visiting this site for a while and just joined up. I do not have a deuce but I am really nuts about getting one. I am however
unsure if I buy one if it will be over my head. My experience over the years has only been with pick-up trucks and building jeeps. Should I stick with the smaller vehicles or jump into a deuce?
JoeD

Big CASE

NO NO jump right in , you can do it ...
MV are just big toys and a deuce is a big jeep , lol
if you have the heart you can do it .
they just are bigger that's all .

wsucougarx

JoeD, experience can only arise by being around them. Lets put it this way, my experience was with watercooled VW's before I took the plunge into MV's. I got my first deuce in AUG08. Since that time I have owned 5!!! Just do it, you'll learn along the way and definately from the experts in this forum. Don't listen to others that question your sanity for buying one of these trucks

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
JoeD, experience can only arise by being around them. Lets put it this way, my experience was with watercooled VW's before I took the plunge into MV's. I got my first deuce in AUG08. Since that time I have owned 5!!! Just do it, you'll learn along the way and definately from the experts in this forum. Don't listen to others that question your sanity for buying one of these trucks

Haha, I DARE you to only buy ONE!
:twisted:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Well Joe...I say go for the gusto...save a few more bucks and get a 5ton!
Heck...they aint THAT much bigger...well...except for the parts, and tires, and truck needs a bigger parking space etc...but what the heck! :beer:

crazyplowboy

I'd say go for it, I was into the jeeping thing for a few years and loved it, but the MVs are so much better. I am also spending less money on maintaining my deuce than I did on my 72 CJ5. It is a little bit harder to find parts (you can't just run down the road and pick most of them up) but not undoable. I'd say read alittle more into it, find someone in your area with a truck you can test drive and clear out a parking space in your back yard.

shannondeese

I am an avid off roader and have been stationed all over the U.S. I wish I wouldn't have waited so long to get a deuce. Imagine all the fun I could have had mudding in Va. then driving it around D.C. covered in mud instead of doing it in my Ford. Then again climbing Tellico trails in it. Now I am running around the desert in my Deuce and loving it. My old ford is still here but has been relegated to daily driver status.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Joe, if you are unsure, drive an hour and a half south and come check mine out and we'll go for a drive and you can make a decision first hand.

I say go for it...they are a blast, and like gimpy said, I dare you to stop at one MV.

Garandfan

Im about 20 minutes away from you, near Macedonia. I am new to the hobby (4 months). You can get a close up of mine and I can provide some help in your search. You may just want to buy mine because I may want a 5 Ton..:-D

bgekky3

If you want to go for a ride let me know before next weekend. My truck is at my dad's shop in Mantua about 30 or so minutes from Medina. I find out on Monday if I am going to New Mexico for a while, so I might have to move in two weeks.

bgekky3

My truck will be just fine acting as my storage shed. I am going to coat it with oil and bring a friend back from the southwest so it isn't lonely anymore.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I do not have a deuce but I am really nuts about getting one.
If you are really nuts then you are just where you need to be.......the biggest MV support group there is.

Hi........I'm Wreckerman and I'm an MV addict.

The first step is admitting you have a problem.........from there on out it is a steep slope to rock bottom where you wake up and there are 15 big green vehicles out in your pasture.

But......I can stop anytime I want to......MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attachments