• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbee with questions?

CliffW

New to the SS and want to say grate site. I have few questions about the M35a2 Deuce and Half. My brother just got one now I want one.

1. Can you put the Michelin XZL tire on it?
2. Is there one year better to look for?
3. Can you get part easy for them?
4. How hard is it to get a title for them?

Any advice or help is greatly appreciated.

red devils dude

1 yes size's are 11.00R20, 12.00R20 these size's are for stock wheels
2 no but look for a 66-67 or later so you can get the air shift T-case there more
trouble free then a spring T-case
3 YES very easily
4 depends on how and who you buy it from.

dc3coyote

Titleing--- It is not that hard if it was registered out of state just go to the registration place and show them the old registration- they will also want VIN verification. That is not hard either.
Enjoy your truck
And welcome to SS.
Branan

CliffW

sermis said:
If you want to modify wheels you can go singles with 15.5'5 or 395/85/20's
How do you modify wheels so that you can get the singles with 15.5'5 or 395/85/20's. Is there any ony out there that dose this or do you have to do it your self.

jwaller

CliffW said:
sermis said:
If you want to modify wheels you can go singles with 15.5'5 or 395/85/20's
How do you modify wheels so that you can get the singles with 15.5'5 or 395/85/20's. Is there any ony out there that dose this or do you have to do it your self.

there are some places that will build you custom wheels to do just this. but be ware of who they are. do your research of them.

sermis

Here is the post on the wheels that I did. Do a search on rims, there are several ways to do them.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=8666&highlight=15.5\'s

aboonski

Are you located anywhere near Central Florida? It's always good to buy a deuce close to where you live in case you have mechanical problems on the way home. It is also good to get to know Steel Soldiers members in your local area that will help you out when you need it. I am a member of AAA and was recently informed that AAA does not tow military vehicles - whether this is true or not may depend upon the size of truck. All I would need at this point to tow a fellow member home would be a tow bar - eventually I will get one. Come see my Deuce sometime; full canvas, power steering, convoy lights, hardtop, winch...basically a full dresser and thanks to Kenny, it's now a whistler turbo! I live in West Melbourne Florida by I-95 and State Road 192. PM me if you are interested in seeing my truck. Al Broadbent

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sermis, that truck is looking really fine! I recall before the paint and stuff..

OD Iron had some one piece wheels for those big tires I believe

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks